Notices

Old 6 Jul 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Ahahahaha I am not surprised.

I have just been chatting to Nik about if we should request a specific area of CSR. We stayed in Casitas last time and I'd prefer somewhere different. He likes the look of Ranchos, but I am more inclined to leave it up to chance, and if we end up in Casitas then it's a bonus as best for buses.

We've only ever had a preferred room, so had prime placement for bus stops, when we've been without a car so feeling a bit anxious about it all. I absolutely refuse to spend another penny though so definitely not upgrading.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Ahahahaha I am not surprised.

I have just been chatting to Nik about if we should request a specific area of CSR. We stayed in Casitas last time and I'd prefer somewhere different. He likes the look of Ranchos, but I am more inclined to leave it up to chance, and if we end up in Casitas then it's a bonus as best for buses.

We've only ever had a preferred room, so had prime placement for bus stops, when we've been without a car so feeling a bit anxious about it all. I absolutely refuse to spend another penny though so definitely not upgrading.
We have a preferred by default but I prefer the look of Cabanas. I’m worried that we’ll miss having a preferred next year but it’s about £300 more.
I think with the new bridges nowhere will seem far away, a bit like CBR so from that point of view I would leave it to chance. They all have their advantages.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow!
Just caught up with your pre trippy. Have to admit ours is a bit like yours with all the chopping and changing.
It's our FPP day on Monday and we'll be driving the M6.
Old 6 Jul 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Wow!
Just caught up with your pre trippy. Have to admit ours is a bit like yours with all the chopping and changing.
It's our FPP day on Monday and we'll be driving the M6.
That would stress me out! Mine is next Monday so I’ve taken the day off! To be fair I work my hours across 4 days and can be flexible but I was prepared to use annual leave .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
We have a preferred by default but I prefer the look of Cabanas. I’m worried that we’ll miss having a preferred next year but it’s about £300 more.
I think with the new bridges nowhere will seem far away, a bit like CBR so from that point of view I would leave it to chance. They all have their advantages.
I think I like the look of Cabanas best too.

Every year we request a room facing the car park hoping it will be convenient for getting to the car, we've never had our request and always had a pretty resort view. I guarantee you this is the time we'll be walking out to a car park view in the morning

It's so awkward having to explain to work why I need days off specifically to book Disney things You've reminded me to get my request in for my FP day!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
I think I like the look of Cabanas best too.

Every year we request a room facing the car park hoping it will be convenient for getting to the car, we've never had our request and always had a pretty resort view. I guarantee you this is the time we'll be walking out to a car park view in the morning

It's so awkward having to explain to work why I need days off specifically to book Disney things You've reminded me to get my request in for my FP day!
I generally ask for an upper floor, corner room and go with the flow. We’ve always had one pretty close to the car park and pool and been happy with location every time. The only time we look out the window is to see what the weather looks like anyway!

I’m lucky I still work shifts to a certain extent (I’m a nurse manager but still do clinical work) so I can manipulate my rota for things like FP day. If I worked Monday to Friday though I’d be using annual leave!

Trip Report Index
Old 7 Jul 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Well Marie has just discovered QSDP includes alcoholic drinks. She thought it was only TS. I think this may have changed the holiday for her!

Trip Report Index
Old 8 Jul 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Lisa has your ticket reappeared in MDE yet? Mine has been gone for a while now but Nik's still showing.
Old 8 Jul 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Lisa has your ticket reappeared in MDE yet? Mine has been gone for a while now but Nik's still showing.
Yes it came back a couple of days later. If it’s still not showing after this time I’d give them a call.

Trip Report Index
Old 8 Jul 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Yes it came back a couple of days later. If it’s still not showing after this time I’d give them a call.
Thanks!

I wasn't overly concerned that it wasn't showing but when it updated to show our new resort and was still not showing my ticket alarm bells started ringing.

Good luck with FP this week! I am definitely going to be in a funk when September rolls around and we won't be off alongside you.