Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Florida Escapes
Unread 20 Jan 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to following along. We've also booked a moderate but upgraded to DDP as I also like a sit down meal on most days. I think if we were only staying a week the QS plan would probably be enough for us, like others have said there are some fab QS places to try now. We love Blaze and BOG but also fancy a lot of the Epcot restaurants like Lotus Blossom or Katsura Grill. However, if we were staying 10 days or more I would upgrade.

Glad you managed to bag yourself some reward seats, we managed to get some from Manchester PE both ways. We've never done the whole rewards thing before so I've been saving points on my Virgin CC and AMex gold card like a mad woman! 😂 I was so chuffed!

Kat
WDW Onsite: OKW! - 2 Bed Villa October 2018
WDW onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019

Edited at 01:01 PM.
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Fab4FamilyFloriday! HRH/POFQ
Unread 20 Jan 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Looking forward to following along. We've also booked a moderate but upgraded to DDP as I also like a sit down meal on most days. I think if we were only staying a week the QS plan would probably be enough for us, like others have said there are some fab QS places to try now. We love Blaze and BOG but also fancy a lot of the Epcot restaurants like Lotus Blossom or Katsura Grill. However, if we were staying 10 days or more I would upgrade.

Glad you managed to bag yourself some reward seats, we managed to get some from Manchester PE both ways. We've never done the whole rewards thing before so I've been saving points on my Virgin CC and AMex gold card like a mad woman! 😂 I was so chuffed!

Kat
This is the first time weve managed to get reward seats both ways but I do feel bad that all my miles are gone .

I reckon well upgrade the dining plan in the end. Its definitely my preference but it will all depend on finances nearer the time.

Dining Reports
2011,2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time QSDP at CSR!
Unread 20 Jan 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Ive seen lots of those places on dining reports and weve done BoG several times so thatll definitely be on the list. I think the pre ordering will help with the downside of QS too. Weve never tried any of the QS in World Showcase so theres a whole world out there!
We actually couldnt get the pre ordering to work on our I-phones. I dont know why but it just seemed impossible to load and was quicker to just queue 😀 I havent heard of anyone else having problems though, so maybe just us 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Vietnam to visit our son
Unread 20 Jan 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
We actually couldnt get the pre ordering to work on our I-phones. I dont know why but it just seemed impossible to load and was quicker to just queue 😀 I havent heard of anyone else having problems though, so maybe just us 😂
We had mixed success last trip. We couldnt get it to work for Backlot Express one day but it worked another day.

Dining Reports
2011,2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018

Edited at 09:18 AM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time QSDP at CSR!
Unread 20 Jan 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
VIP Dibber

Isnt it funny that we both might be on QSDP!? I also thought it would be something Id never do, but Im actually really excited about the freedom of it right now. I had decided no ADRs at all after initially planning a few but as my planning steps up Im having my heard turned a bit, so goodness knows what well end up with. Nik mentioned Le Cellier the other day and hes the last person I thought would be pushing for upgrading to DDP.

Are your flights direct? What a bargain getting PE! I have been saving my Clubcard points for Avios with BA for years now and Im still not seeing any spectacular savings on their reward flights.

I hope you love CBR, I thought it was a fabulous resort, and I think the building themselves are very reminiscent of OKW. By the time you arrive the Skyliners should be open and the Riveria construction will only be internal and landscaping (if even that), so you should have a wonderful stay. For what its worth, I absolutely loved Jamaica and I didnt feel like the Skyliner station was too close or would be any issue once its open.

~ collybird's Unfinished Business - a Fall 2019 Dining Report ~ COMING SOON!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Now it's Coronado Springs!
Unread 20 Jan 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Isnt it funny that we both might be on QSDP!? I also thought it would be something Id never do, but Im actually really excited about the freedom of it right now. I had decided no ADRs at all after initially planning a few but as my planning steps up Im having my heard turned a bit, so goodness knows what well end up with. Nik mentioned Le Cellier the other day and hes the last person I thought would be pushing for upgrading to DDP.
Yes, come over to the dark side! Would love to hear what you think of it

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip 29th March - 12th April 2017
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana!
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
CBR birthday surprise trip!
Unread 20 Jan 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Yes, come over to the dark side! Would love to hear what you think of it
Honestly? I think we'll love it, and there will probably be no going back. Like Lisa, the food is actually right up our street. I already feel liberated knowing we don't have to be anywhere at a set time.

~ collybird's Unfinished Business - a Fall 2019 Dining Report ~ COMING SOON!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Now it's Coronado Springs!
Unread 20 Jan 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Honestly? I think we'll love it, and there will probably be no going back. Like Lisa, the food is actually right up our street. I already feel liberated knowing we don't have to be anywhere at a set time.
Yes, that's one of the things we really like about it. We don't miss the tips either! I think QS options have improved so much over the past few years too

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip 29th March - 12th April 2017
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana!
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
CBR birthday surprise trip!
QuickSilver