Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Unread 21 Jan 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Isnt it funny that we both might be on QSDP!? I also thought it would be something Id never do, but Im actually really excited about the freedom of it right now. I had decided no ADRs at all after initially planning a few but as my planning steps up Im having my heard turned a bit, so goodness knows what well end up with. Nik mentioned Le Cellier the other day and hes the last person I thought would be pushing for upgrading to DDP.

Are your flights direct? What a bargain getting PE! I have been saving my Clubcard points for Avios with BA for years now and Im still not seeing any spectacular savings on their reward flights.

I hope you love CBR, I thought it was a fabulous resort, and I think the building themselves are very reminiscent of OKW. By the time you arrive the Skyliners should be open and the Riveria construction will only be internal and landscaping (if even that), so you should have a wonderful stay. For what its worth, I absolutely loved Jamaica and I didnt feel like the Skyliner station was too close or would be any issue once its open.
I was very surprised that you were going with QSDP! Well see if it sticks though .

Our flights are direct with Virgin which is always our preference. I have a Virgin credit card and pay for all the big things on it, like flights and Disney accommodation. The points soon add up.

I do like CBR, weve stayed there a couple of times, but I just dont see the appeal of the Skyliner. Its less about the construction which as you say will be done and more about the Skyliner itself. I feel its going to ruin the relaxed feel of CBR. I think the whole thing is a big eyesore. I dont want to moan though as I do like CBR and Im hoping it doesnt have too much of a negative effect on it.

I have some PPI claims in so maybe well get back to OKW which is our favourite.

Dining Reports
2011,2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018

Edited at 08:05 PM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Fingers crossed for 2020!
Unread 23 Jan 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Ive been browsing car hire since we booked our flights ever hopeful that Ill get a good deal on a Prestige car with Hertz like last year however those seem to have sold out. Prices arent shifting with Alamo and Hertz so I had a look on the British Airways site which can often throw up a few surprises. They had an intermediate SUV for 371 for our dates since they have a 7 days for the price of 5 promotion on. This is around 50-60 cheaper than Alamo or Hertz so Ive just booked it. I keep double checking my dates in case Ive entered them wrong!

Dining Reports
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 23 Jan 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
VIP Dibber

Ouch that's pricey, I'd kind of forgotten about car hire!

Everything just seems so expensive, good luck with the PPIs.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Now it's Coronado Springs!
Unread 23 Jan 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Ouch that's pricey, I'd kind of forgotten about car hire!

Everything just seems so expensive, good luck with the PPIs.
I could have gotten a smaller car but I prefer to drive an SUV in those American roads!

I doubt Ill get anywhere with the PPI but fingers crossed!

Dining Reports
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018
Unread 24 Jan 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Following
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.Return visit
Unread 24 Jan 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Food

Ive been thinking about food. Mainly because Im hungry but also because Im thinking about which TS meals well definitely keep.

We have $300 in gift cards that Id like to use for any TS meals we fancy. Having checked our room bill from last year a TS costs us roughly $80 having either a starter or dessert and including tip so $300 would give us around 4 TS.

Yak & Yeti is a must do, maybe even twice. This cost us around $50 with the Landry birthday reward which we have 2 of plus we love it. The Wok Fried Green Beans are a must.

And if youve read my dining report youll see Marie thought the burger was the best shed ever eaten.

The other advantage is we dont need to book so can remain free and easy. Although given the stress not having meals books causes us I suspect Ill book anyway .

So 2 x Yak & Yeti would be around $100 of our gift card money leaving $200 for other restaurants. We can add to that so maybe say another 3 meals.

We love Liberty Tree Tavern and didnt manage last year. The platter at dinner is fab and a great change from the usual food we grab in the parks.

Im also thinking somewhere in Epcot. If we upgrade we might try somewhere unusual because then its free so its ok if we dont like it but otherwise maybe Chefs de France. We had a lovely meal there a few years ago and have never made it back. Of course well be there for Food & Wine with 60 snack credits between us so maybe not .

Im on the fence about a character breakfast. Weve never done the breakfast at Garden Grill and I like the look of it. Plus if we get an early ADR we could potentially walk straight on Soarin. Lets make that a definite if we upgrade and a maybe if we dont.

Another place we liked but havent gotten back to is Chef Art Smiths Homecomin. Id like to go again but lots of the QS places we want to try are in Disney Springs so I suspect if we dont upgrade itll be a no.

And talking of DS. This beauty will be a QS credit.

Although I need to convince Marie we cant have it every night .

Dining Reports
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018
Unread 24 Jan 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
VIP Dibber

Lisa, dont do this to me! I cant look at food, I am allowed to talk about food, because that leads to ADRs. Im now up to 6.

We are food twins, my list has Liberty Tree Tavern on it (but for lunch), Yak & Yeti (down to you!) and I very much want to do Garden Grill breakfast but I think Ill pass on that one, as if were booking a breakfast, Id prefer it to be a buffet.

When we downgraded to a Value we lost our $200 gift card, so we just have the $100 Refer-a-Friend one, so I can say our Yak & Yeti dinner is on you!

I definitely agree with foregoing Chef Art Smiths in favour of Disney Springs QS. Ive got a lot of places Id like to try but Im not sure how many well actually go to! We definitely have to have Daily Poutine though, Nik really liked the poutine at the Food & Wine Festival.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Now it's Coronado Springs!
Unread 24 Jan 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Lisa, dont do this to me! I cant look at food, I am allowed to talk about food, because that leads to ADRs. Im now up to 6.

We are food twins, my list has Liberty Tree Tavern on it (but for lunch), Yak & Yeti (down to you!) and I very much want to do Garden Grill breakfast but I think Ill pass on that one, as if were booking a breakfast, Id prefer it to be a buffet.

When we downgraded to a Value we lost our $200 gift card, so we just have the $100 Refer-a-Friend one, so I can say our Yak & Yeti dinner is on you!

I definitely agree with foregoing Chef Art Smiths in favour of Disney Springs QS. Ive got a lot of places Id like to try but Im not sure how many well actually go to! We definitely have to have Daily Poutine though, Nik really liked the poutine at the Food & Wine Festival.
Well enjoy Yak & Yeti on me . Technically ours is on you!

6 ADRs will mean lots of snacks in your suitcase methinks .

I also like a buffet breakfast and we do love Tusker House.

I keep thinking about upgrading but when I think about it logically it would be the upgrade cost plus tips which would use up around $200 of our gift cards I suspect and it just doesnt make financial sense. I think unless we save/get enough extra to change back to OKW itll be QSDP with a few ADRs.

One of these days well do DxDDP! Its on my bucket list!

Dining Reports
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018