Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Discount Florida Car Hire
Unread 24 Jan 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
VIP Dibber

I'll look forward to the year you do DxDDP!

You are right, once you factor in the upgrade cost, then the tips, youre knocking on the door of the OKW price anyway!

In hindsight, we probably should have just stuck with the free breakfast rather than upgrading to QSDP. The only thing that is stopping me downgrading is that I imagine wed miss the snacks.

~ collybird's Unfinished Business - a Fall 2019 Dining Report ~ COMING SOON!
collybird is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Now it's Coronado Springs!
Unread 24 Jan 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I'll look forward to the year you do DxDDP!

You are right, once you factor in the upgrade cost, then the tips, youre knocking on the door of the OKW price anyway!

In hindsight, we probably should have just stuck with the free breakfast rather than upgrading to QSDP. The only thing that is stopping me downgrading is that I imagine wed miss the snacks.
The snacks were the reason we didnt just go for a value with free breakfast too. Then when I took into account the gift card and the upgrade cost CBR made more sense.

If my PPI claims all come in maybe this year will be DxDDP 😜.

Dining Reports
2011,2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time QSDP at CSR!
Unread 31 Jan 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Well today my new passport arrived and I was able to do my ESTA. My old passport was due to expire in July and last time I took advantage of the 6 month early rule and renewed in January but of course thats gone. Despite that I still felt I should renew now as Id also have to do a new ESTA and I really didnt want to leave all that too late. It was niggling me that I had flights booked without a valid ESTA 😱. Anyway, passport arrived today 8 days from applying which was great and ESTA is approved and printed! Another thing off the list!

Dining Reports
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018

Edited at 11:37 PM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time QSDP at CSR!
Unread 31 Jan 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Well today my new passport arrived and I was able to do my ESTA. My old passport was due to expire in July and last time I took advantage of the 6 month early rule and renewed in January but of course thats gone. Despite that I still felt I should renew now as Id also have to do a new ESTA and I really didnt want to leave all that too late. It was niggling me that I had flights booked with a valid ESTA 😱. Anyway, passport arrived today 8 days from applying which was great and ESTA is approved and printed! Another thing off the list!
DH's passport expired in August and I only just got round to renewing - first thing I did when we got it was our ESTAs! 😄 Really enjoying your report so far, thanks for sharing👋
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
We're going back...Jambo!
Unread 31 Jan 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
DH's passport expired in August and I only just got round to renewing - first thing I did when we got it was our ESTAs! 😄 Really enjoying your report so far, thanks for sharing👋
Thanks!

Yes I havent been able to relax with no valid ESTA!

Dining Reports
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018
First time QSDP at CSR!
Unread 1 Feb 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU,
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Looking forward to following along. I had no idea that your decided to give the QSDP a go as I know you really like the DDP, but I really think it's worth trying and paying for a few oop as you've planned. It's definitely our preferred choice now. Let's see if you're still with the QSDP by the time the trip comes around though! That 900 OKW upgrade would buy a lot of meals though, and then some!

Well done on getting the reward seats. I managed to get the same for us - EC out and PE home. Was hard work though as we're going at October half term and they were like gold dust! Having to fly from Gatwick for the first time as just had no luck with Manchester.

We're giving US a miss as it doesn't really do that much for us. Might sound weird, but when I'm there, I feel like I'm at a theme park, like a day out at Alton Towers, but the Disney parks just don't feel like that to me. Even our two teenagers feel the same and I know US is normally much more popular with their age group. I've obviously trained them well I am getting HHN tickets for my husband and daughter though as they're horror fans and have wanted to do this for ages. Hoping to get a night a Cabana Bay using Clubcard vouchers and relax there with my son, who's part fish so should enjoy the pool.

I'll be doing a live food report too - just need to think up a title!
Sorry to jump in, can I ask how you managed to get economy out and premium home, also how many miles this would be. Thank you
LOU, is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back on site for my 50th
Unread 1 Feb 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by LOU, View Post
Sorry to jump in, can I ask how you managed to get economy out and premium home, also how many miles this would be. Thank you
I called Flying Club when I saw they had reward flights online. We had to buy 4000 miles as we needed 70000 between us and were a bit short.

Dining Reports
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018
First time QSDP at CSR!
Unread 3 Feb 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Well we had a chat today and have basically taken Universal off the table this year. Marie said it hadnt really been on her radar and my feeling right now is Id prefer to just concentrate on Disney (with a SeaWorld dinner thrown in). The reality is, the money that would go to Universal Id prefer to use on upgrading the dining plan and if we had money for both Id prefer to use it upgrading to OKW so if you look at it that way Universal is getting farther away. Of course nothing is set in stone and it could all change nearer the time!

Ive gone with a morning EMH plan primarily. The theory being that we can then make use of it if we want but wont have to. We wont use them exclusively and will have the odd long lie but I do prefer to be up and out. Well need to have one day off since were there 15 days and our tickets are only 14 days but Im hoping to book the Orlando Magical Dining Month dinner at Sharks Underwater Grill in SeaWorld like we did last year so Id not do a Disney park that day. If we dont get it booked well have a lazy day at the resort and DS.

Dining Reports
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018
First time QSDP at CSR!
Eat and Play Card