Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Unread 12 Feb 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Wow 3 weeks fantastic! 😁 I have done my daily plan in terms of parks and our ADRs but not planned FP or anything yet - that will be after Friday's mild panic! 😄 POFQ looks a lovely resort, would happily stay there, it's just that AKL has a special place in our hearts now so I bit the bullet and booked 😊

Started off as a 2 week holiday but you know how it is with Florida...things get added and before you know it we were booked for 21 nights. We stayed at FQ last night and absolutely loved it so also has a special place for us too but would love to try beach or yacht club one day, you can but dream!

What have you got on your adr list?
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The husband loved it, we're going back!
Unread 12 Feb 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by katnav View Post
Started off as a 2 week holiday but you know how it is with Florida...things get added and before you know it we were booked for 21 nights. We stayed at FQ last night and absolutely loved it so also has a special place for us too but would love to try beach or yacht club one day, you can but dream!

What have you got on your adr list?
At the mo, have a couple of character dining meals like Tusker House, 2 signatures (Flying Fish and Narcoosees) and we always have a few Boma reservations - so yummy and great we can just roll back to our room 😄 I will do another post this week with all the details! 👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
We're going back...Jambo!
Unread 12 Feb 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11
This sounds like a fab trip.

I'm sad you won't be staying at POR in the princess room, Tiana is Kate's favourite princess too! But then of course, that will just have to wait until next time!

I can't believe all the twists and turns. Your DD doesn't know she's going at all, your DH doesn't know he's going to be living the dream on the plane and travelling business! Wow, it sounds like an awesome trip.

I think we will overlap with the universal parts of our trips. We have 14 days at Disney and then 2 nights at universal from 13th August. We fly home on Thurs 15th.

I hope you managed to get all the ADRs you wanted. I can't wait to hear about all the plans you've got.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ here we come
Unread 12 Feb 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
This sounds like a fab trip.

I'm sad you won't be staying at POR in the princess room, Tiana is Kate's favourite princess too! But then of course, that will just have to wait until next time!

I can't believe all the twists and turns. Your DD doesn't know she's going at all, your DH doesn't know he's going to be living the dream on the plane and travelling business! Wow, it sounds like an awesome trip.

I think we will overlap with the universal parts of our trips. We have 14 days at Disney and then 2 nights at universal from 13th August. We fly home on Thurs 15th.

I hope you managed to get all the ADRs you wanted. I can't wait to hear about all the plans you've got.
It would be lovely to stay at POR again one day as this was the very first place I stayed with my parents when we went to Disney in 1997! 😊
Thank you for commenting and I will keep an eye out for you at universal! 😄
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 12 Feb 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11
Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
It would be lovely to stay at POR again one day as this was the very first place I stayed with my parents when we went to Disney in 1997! 😊
Thank you for commenting and I will keep an eye out for you at universal! 😄
I'll be the one with their head down in a rush to get to the next attraction trailing kids, husband and parents in the wake!

Also, forgot to say earlier I love the title of your trip report. It's going to be great seeing the email pop up as each time it does I will have the song going round in my head and I love it. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ here we come
Unread 12 Feb 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'll be the one with their head down in a rush to get to the next attraction trailing kids, husband and parents in the wake!

Also, forgot to say earlier I love the title of your trip report. It's going to be great seeing the email pop up as each time it does I will have the song going round in my head and I love it. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...
Shining at the end of every day! 🤗
Unread 13 Feb 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Question

The Plan!
So have done (and redone!) a daily plan and although not got as far as FP suggestions, have got an ADR list together ready for Friday 🤞
We are booked on the earlier BA flight out of LGW so should land around 3:35 in the afternoon if we are in luck - how long that infamous MCO immigration takes though is anybody's guess.. We have a private transfer included with Charter Travel direct to HRH as well so no queuing for a bus on landing which is a bonus (although I do love that trip home )
Not sure where we will eat on our first night, really depends on how tired everyone is so may be at one of the on site restaurants or could venture into City Walk - TBC! Any advice from Dibbers who have landed similar time appreciated
Thanks to that first morning early wake up, hoping to take full advantage of early entry and check out Harry Potter - DD never been before so think she will be a bit in awe of it and on our last Universal trip, Gringotts ride and Hogwarts Express were yet to open so v excited about this!

Don't have a preference regarding order of parks and may in fact do bits in each over both days. I think the only ride I will be doing alone at US is probably Revenge of the Mummy, as a bit too intense for DD I think, but one of my faves! She will be loving Shrek 4D, Minions Mayhem, The Simpsons Ride and even though she hasn't actually watched the film (!) ET Adventure..don't care how old it is, I still love it when he says your name at the end Transformers will also be a new one for us here and no doubt end up being one of DH's faves..

Over at IoA, Skull Island is another newbie for us and having only been as adults, we never stopped in Seuss Landings for any length of time. Am sure that will alter this time around!

I must admit I am unsure about letting DD go on The Forbidden Journey - those dementors scared the bejesus out of me let alone a 7 year old! Any thoughts?
Dining wise at UO am happy to go with the flow. The Palm looks awfully good (I blame Dr JJ for this one entirely! ) but as this will be our first full day, shall play it by ear to see if we stay awake long enough to enjoy it
After our second full day at UO, we will most likely get an Uber over to AKL. As much as I enjoy UO and not having been for so long am really looking forward to it, I know I will be very happy to be welcomed home at Jambo House!

Edited at 10:45 PM.
Unread 13 Feb 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Our Disney check in date is Wednesday 14th August and after our ride over from UO, don't think we will be up for much else other than unpacking and a QS meal at The Mara 👌😴

This trip I am under strict instructions from DH that it is one park day followed by one non-park day and I am most impressed with myself that my plan has pretty much managed to adhere to this!
Day 1 of our WDW portion of trip will of course be MK, and keeping with tradition am aiming for a Crystal Palace ADR but lunchtime instead of breakfast. The aim is to have an early night the day we check in and then hope to catch opening ceremony which we didn't manage to do last trip. With this in mind, a nice late buffet lunch with our pals from Hundred Acre Wood before an early-ish finish on our first day (yes I know *technically* it's our third day but hey )

Friday is then our first scheduled rest day (should the words 'scheduled' and 'rest even appear in the same sentence? ..) and looking to enjoy our first Boma dinner of the holiday tonight, yum!

Saturday is EMH at AK and hopefully lunch at Yak and Yeti, a first for us but after reading so many good reviews on here and being able to cater for vegans (DH) it seemed the best choice!
Sunday rest day (these days will mainly be pool days, possibly with a bit of shopping thrown in ) then Monday DHS and if weather permits, my absolute fave

Fantasmic!
Last trip we did the Mama Melrose dining package for this but think we are just going to wait in line normally this time round as I have my eye on a couple of signature dining restaurants...
Tuesday's rest day may involve taking DD pony riding although she may be too tall so possibly a carriage ride? I hope to get a Trails End reservation for dinner so DH can experience the amazing chef TJ's vegan buffet - looking at recent posts online am hoping he will be working then!

Wednesday sees our first Epcot day with a later start so we can make it for Illuminations (hoping it continues til end of August!) and a Teppan Edo dinner before we head to the balcony to watch the show (another new restaurant for us and thanks to all who recommended it!)
Thursday rest day is coupled with the first signature restaurant I have planned -

Flying Fish at The Boardwalk. This was not really a contender until Dr. JJ's food report! The man himself was so kind enough to ask them about vegan menus for me and I now have the email of the sous chef for any questions before we go - thank you again Dr. JJ I confess after reading Claudette's shocking time there I wavered a little but I shall give it a try...
Friday's adventures I am quite excited about as this is day 2 of MK and also hopefully BBB day! Daisy did this when she was 4 and we took a Tiana dress with us which was so much cheaper than getting it there and was still a wonderful experience. Although she doesn't yet know she is going, she is forever saying how she would be Belle if she went again so that dress is on my shopping list soon Last time we booked CRT to coincide with this although reservation did not come up until the day after BBB, but this time round I am looking for an early dinner at 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella et al - wish me luck for Friday trying to book both together!

Saturday rest day I think will be needed after Friday's excitement! Sunday is EMH at DHS if there are rides there we didn't manage first time round otherwise a rest day and a second dinner at Boma in the plans, then Monday am thinking of AKL and RoL which had not yet started on our last trip. To keep us energised, will be looking for Tusker House lunch today and not an early start.
Onto our last full day which although designated a rest day, may see if there are any rides we failed to do or want to do again. Am thinking of Epcot as only one day been planned here. Last evening meal has been designated as Narcoosees - that Dr. JJ's food report strikes again

Which leads us to our last day, Wednesday
A leisurely Boma breakfast before checkout and free choice of where to go. I think we will be collected just before 4pm from AKL for Magical Express so almost a full day
We are on the later flight home so enjoying the prospect of a bed to try and actually sleep on the plane before an almost 3 hour drive home after collecting car from valet parking south terminal.
Well at least that is the plan for now - I will update after Friday to see if there were any initial tweaks required! Thanks for reading along and your lovely comments!

Edited at 10:49 PM.
My Magic Holiday