Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Attraction Tickets Direct
Unread 14 Feb 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Sounds like you have a lovely relaxing holiday planned. We are a 1 park per day family, as I'm not a fan of toing and froing between parks. Looking forward to hear about your plan once you've had your adr day.

Kat
WDW Onsite: OKW! - 2 Bed Villa October 2018
WDW onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Fab4FamilyFloriday! HRH/POFQ
Unread 14 Feb 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Sounding great, Ill be reading along with interest as we are doing similar kind of thing August 2020 ... 3 nights universal, 11 disney with dd who will be 8
Unread 14 Feb 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

It sounds like a great plan, and a good idea to not over plan things. Will you go to any of the water parks?

Edited at 03:11 PM.
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Portofino Bay, Beach Club and villa
Unread 14 Feb 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
It sounds like a great plan, and a good idea to not over plan things. Will you go to any of the water parks?
Not sure - might actually look at Volcano Bay as I have heard good things and our Universal passes include this. We have never done a water park before! 😱😆 Have you done them? Which would you recommend?
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
We're going back...Jambo!
Unread 15 Feb 19, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Not sure - might actually look at Volcano Bay as I have heard good things and our Universal passes include this. We have never done a water park before! 😱😆 Have you done them? Which would you recommend?
Yes, I havent got vast waterpark experience, but we did Blizzard Beach on our last trip and both the Disney ones on the previous. I think we will be visiting all three next time as my eldest loves it and desperately wants to do Volcano Bay. I have to say I wasnt sure they were my thing, but I enjoyed the visits we have done, and even if its just a couple of hours floating in the lazy river and a splash in the childrens area it is a nice change of pace from the parks. Alex did Summit Plummet last time which is definitely not my thing!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Portofino Bay, Beach Club and villa
Unread 15 Feb 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Quick Update!
Very quick post to say all ADRs (well, first 10 days available to book anyway!) secured on days and at times we wanted, and thankfully got BBB arranged for the same day as 1900 Park Fare!
On a side note, it was actually easier booking this time round than when we went November 2016 - seemed much harder getting certain restaurants and specific dates then? Or maybe it's just my imagination..
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 17 Feb 19, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
Imagineer

Looks like a great plan, and good news on the ADR's being secured. I'm going into hiding if my recommendations let you down

If you find yourself with a spare evening at AKL give Jiko a thought, I'm regretting not going from the BWV

We were through Immigration in an hour around that time this trip just to give you a clue.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Looks like a great plan, and good news on the ADR's being secured. I'm going into hiding if my recommendations let you down

If you find yourself with a spare evening at AKL give Jiko a thought, I'm regretting not going from the BWV

We were through Immigration in an hour around that time this trip just to give you a clue.
😂 I promise not to hunt you down if it all goes pear shaped!
I must admit I did have Jiko on my list at one point and I think we do have a spare credit - possibly might just pay OOP for our Boma breakfast on our last day and sneak in a Jiko dinner one evening..
Thanks for reading and commenting! 😊
Orlando Attractions