Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 30 May 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
minniemick
Excited about Disney

Windows XP/10

I have a file on a memory stick for Excel Windows XP will I be able to transfer this to Excel Windows 10 please.
minniemick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

newer versions of MS office will still import older files, yes
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
minniemick
Excited about Disney

Thank you for your reply. I tried to save it to Windows 10 but could not find anywhere in the drop down window.
minniemick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

i'm not sure what you mean exactly.

you are confusing versions of MS office with versions of MS windows. the version of windows doesnt matter a single bit, only the version of office (excel)

office XP is actually office v10

office 2007 or newer will run on windows 10. chances are you're using Office 365 or one of the older versions - 2019 or 2016 (all version 16)

I tried to save it to Windows 10 but could not find anywhere in the drop down window.
could you try and elaborate a bit more?
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I didn't bother to upgrade to 10 when it was offered as had only just got 7 up from XP! (always one behind me!) Now just got a message flashed up to say 7 not gonna be supported after Jan 2020. Will be be offered another free upgrade do you think or should I buy 10 to add on?
Not too tech savvie so if anyone knows please explain in simple language - thank you.
Old 30 May 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
minniemick
Excited about Disney

Thank you for your reply the file is saved on memory stick was done on Office 2003 professional I do not understand the technical side but I do not think I will be able to save to Windows 10. I got Windows 10 when I bought a new laptop I do not like it as much as Windows XP that was so easy to use, I suppose Windows 10 will be obsolete
Old 30 May 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by minniemick View Post
Thank you for your reply the file is saved on memory stick was done on Office 2003 professional I do not understand the technical side but I do not think I will be able to save to Windows 10. I got Windows 10 when I bought a new laptop I do not like it as much as Windows XP that was so easy to use, I suppose Windows 10 will be obsolete
Do you have Excel (the program) on your windows 10 computer?

If so you could open the file off your memory stick, and then save it on to your new computer hard drive?

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
I didn't bother to upgrade to 10 when it was offered as had only just got 7 up from XP! (always one behind me!) Now just got a message flashed up to say 7 not gonna be supported after Jan 2020. Will be be offered another free upgrade do you think or should I buy 10 to add on?
Not too tech savvie so if anyone knows please explain in simple language - thank you.
if your computer was originally XP, I doubt that it will have the right specification to be able to run Windows 10 properly. Even my computer that was Windows 8, when I upgraded it to 10 is ran so slowly I ended up going back to 8. If I were you I'd look for a new computer if you can.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
minniemick
Excited about Disney

Thank you for your reply I have only had my Windows 10 for about 18 months I was hoping to transfer the file to the new computer but I do not think it is going to work.
Old 30 May 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by galaxyflorida View Post
if your computer was originally XP, I doubt that it will have the right specification to be able to run Windows 10 properly. Even my computer that was Windows 8, when I upgraded it to 10 is ran so slowly I ended up going back to 8. If I were you I'd look for a new computer if you can.
Yes my desktop was XP my Laptop is 7 so I'm in between the devil and the deep blue sea!