Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 10 Jun 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Help me choose a phone to use in Florida

I currently have a phone provided by my workplace so won't be able to use this as a primary phone e.g. phoning family in the UK and using the Disney App. Our personal phones are antique 10 year old PAYG so are not good abroad and won't run any apps

So what do you suggest as the cheapest way to buy a smart phone that we can use in Florida, mainly for running MDE and apps.

I have seen a Vodafone Smart 10 for around £100 any other ideas ?

Am I best to buy a handset and then buy a 1 month Sim, how much data would you think we need for 2 weeks fairly heavy usage.

I don't really want to spend over £150 total
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani

Edited at 08:30 AM.
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

The cheapest way is probably to buy second hand. Game Shop usually sell good quality second hand phones. Alternatively could you not use your work phone and just change to a different sim such as the 3 feel at home. Ask around family they may have a spare phone they aren’t using. We seem to accumulate phones here.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
dannybegood
Trainee Dibber

Have you tried EBay and places like CEX or game these places do phones even if you don’t mind 2nd hand.
If not any cheap smart phone will do.

Try 3 they are considered the best for use in The USA, just check their site for prices, you will be able to tailor what you have left from the phone.
dannybegood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Ok thanks, which 3 sim do you think would be best. I will have a look on the website but any advice is appreciated.
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
dannybegood
Trainee Dibber

Their PAYG is your only choice, just your choice on how much data, but look around £20 as your starter point.
dannybegood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Thanks, the website shows 12GB at £20 and 36GB at £27.50 if I am looking at the right things ! three/Store/SIM/Pay_As_You_Go
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
uktigg
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
Thanks, the website shows 12GB at £20 and 36GB at £27.50 if I am looking at the right things ! three/Store/SIM/Pay_As_You_Go
When roaming in the US, you are limited to 12Gb of data, so no point in paying more than £20 in my opinion.
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
dannybegood
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
Ok thanks, which 3 sim do you think would be best. I will have a look on the website but any advice is appreciated.
Yes you are in the right area.
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
dannybegood
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by uktigg View Post
When roaming in the US, you are limited to 12Gb of data, so no point in paying more than £20 in my opinion.
But you can always buy 2 cards activate them, then swap when used, or 3 etc etc.
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Originally Posted by uktigg View Post
Interesting thanks for that nugget of information, I had no idea there was a cap.