Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Jun 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Waldorf Astoria - linking to MDE

I have booked a couple of days here via Expedia, I don’t normally use a third party however Expedia did not require a deposit whereas the hotel wanted 50% prepayment.

Anyway, I am now trying to link to MDE but I cannot get hold of the correct booking number. I have tried sending an email to the hotel via Expedia, which came back with generic instructions on how to link. I tried Expedia directly and they sent me four different numbers none of which work and none of which are eight digits long so I don’t think will ever work. I have also just tried to contact the hotel using their chat system but it was a centralised team and they could not give me the Disney number.

Has anyone stayed here and have any ideas where I can get this from? Would Disney know if I contact them?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I had an issue when I booked a single night at POR with Expedia too. I ended up calling the MDE technical support number and saying my reference wasn't working, and they found my reservation and did it for me, so that would be worth a try.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I have booked a couple of days here via Expedia, I don’t normally use a third party however Expedia did not require a deposit whereas the hotel wanted 50% prepayment.

Anyway, I am now trying to link to MDE but I cannot get hold of the correct booking number. I have tried sending an email to the hotel via Expedia, which came back with generic instructions on how to link. I tried Expedia directly and they sent me four different numbers none of which work and none of which are eight digits long so I don’t think will ever work. I have also just tried to contact the hotel using their chat system but it was a centralised team and they could not give me the Disney number.

Has anyone stayed here and have any ideas where I can get this from? Would Disney know if I contact them?
Contact the waldorf astoria orlando directly by Twitter, @waldorforlando

A friend of mine did this recently and they were very helpful.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
I had an issue when I booked a single night at POR with Expedia too. I ended up calling the MDE technical support number and saying my reference wasn't working, and they found my reservation and did it for me, so that would be worth a try.
Thank you I will try that later.

Originally Posted by Clare View Post

I am not on Twitter and don’t know how to use it. I tried the hotels online chat already and they couldn’t help as I think they are centralised and I don’t think they knew what I was after. If Disney can’t help, I will ask DH to try twitter later.

Thanks both for your suggestions.
Old 24 Jun 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Clare View Post

So I went to Twitter and my iPad appeared to remember a login which I didn’t know I had and I got in. But now I don’t know what to do. I have found the Waldorf orlando page but I don’t know how to actually contact anyone. I don’t know what all these @ and # mean. I am feeling my age this morning.
Old 24 Jun 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Cant help in any way regarding the Twitter thing have they got Face book page where you could message the hotel?
Please could you let me know what you think of the Waldirf Claudette as we watched Tim Tracker vid &n it looks amazing n we said if we do ever 'do' Disney again after this trip we will stay there. Also let me know about linking your Band (when you sort of out) & transport etc. The restraints there look fabulous. Your one lucky gal.
Old 24 Jun 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
ORLBC-guest.services@waldorfastoria.com

Try this which is off their website. Home page, bottom left. Email link above the Facebook and Twitter etc logos

I always contact hotel if I have used a third party i.e BA holidays or Priceline, just so I can have hotels own reservation number and log in to see my room on their system.
Old 24 Jun 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Cant help in any way regarding the Twitter thing have they got Face book page where you could message the hotel?
Please could you let me know what you think of the Waldirf Claudette as we watched Tim Tracker vid &n it looks amazing n we said if we do ever 'do' Disney again after this trip we will stay there. Also let me know about linking your Band (when you sort of out) & transport etc. The restraints there look fabulous. Your one lucky gal.
I managed to find an email address, so I have sent them an email and I also emailed Disney, hopefully one of them can sort it.

I won't be there on my next trip, per my countdown. It is for next year, I had looked into Four Seasons but I think the restaurants are more appealing at Waldorf Astoria and we were able to get Disney view suite there as well, whereas Four Seasons suites were astronomical. We are still pushing the boat about but you do not turn 50 every day.
Old 24 Jun 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
ORLBC-guest.services@waldorfastoria.com

Try this which is off their website. Home page, bottom left. Email link above the Facebook and Twitter etc logos

I always contact hotel if I have used a third party i.e BA holidays or Priceline, just so I can have hotels own reservation number and log in to see my room on their system.
Oh thank you, that is a different email address to the one I found, I will try this as well.
Old 24 Jun 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I managed to find an email address, so I have sent them an email and I also emailed Disney, hopefully one of them can sort it.

I won't be there on my next trip, per my countdown. It is for next year, I had looked into Four Seasons but I think the restaurants are more appealing at Waldorf Astoria and we were able to get Disney view suite there as well, whereas Four Seasons suites were astronomical. We are still pushing the boat about but you do not turn 50 every day.
Oh my it was a Disney view suite that Tim & Jenn Tracker had and it was fabulous they showed them watching both sets of firewarks in the evening. Well if you happen to remember after you do stay there then please let me know.