Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Jun 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Help - BA Exec and Avios number

Hi am just trying to book a hotel via booking.com and I cannot remember my avios number.

I have checked on my ba.com ex c club membership and it doesn't state the avios number. Can I just use my BA Exec number and it will match up?

If not, how do I find my avios number on my BA Exec account ?

Ta.

Edited at 04:14 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
I've only ever quoted my Exec Membership number, but never used booking.com
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks. I thought that's what I normally do, but it's asking specifically for my avios number on the booking.com partner paage...mmm wonder whether exec club number would do. I don't think I have an avios card on its own to check.
Old 24 Jun 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Ok, so digging around it says,. Membership number refers to the membership number allocated to a member in accordance with the T&C's of the Avios loyalty programme they have joined.

Will use my exec club membership I think and see what comes. It's only 6.4 points per £1 but I use booking.com a fair bit and it adds up.

Next question. Avios get lost if there has been no activity on an account within 36 months. Is that each individual account, or can I get away with putting in our household number and it being accepted as activity on the account for all of the accounts?

Edited at 04:38 PM.
Old 24 Jun 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Just a thought, I haven’t worked out the numbers, but you can get Topcashback from booking.com and then convert your cashback into BE exec avios points. Not sure which works out best value though.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by fizzypop View Post
Just a thought, I haven’t worked out the numbers, but you can get Topcashback from booking.com and then convert your cashback into BE exec avios points. Not sure which works out best value though.
Thank you - hadn't realised that. Will look into it.
Old 26 Jun 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Your BAEC account no is your Avios Account no.

The Household account on BAEC is a bit of a misdescription, its not really an account as such, more a pool of multiple accounts, so you'll ahve to make sure that all accounts are kept live, that being said, you can always do transfers between accounts or small top-ups if you have a target to hit
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Excellent - thank you useful info. Might try transferring between accounts or converting the odd Tesco voucher so I don't lose the lot whilst it's building up.
Old 26 Jun 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

You could always look to make some purchases through the baec e-store to earn some Mike's to keep the accounts alive
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List