Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Jun 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Universal hotels

There is a vast difference in prices for the universal hotels, from budget (endless summer) to the likes of Hard Rock hotel.
Apart from front of line passes, what is the real difference? The endless summer resorts look lovely and the suit (5 of us) looks great.
It will be a one off, celebration stay of 7 nights at universal. Not bothered about front of line passes that much because we will be dipping in & out of the parks at various times but obviously that’s handy.
The two bedroom suit at ES looks fab and great with there being 5 of us.
I like the idea of club level in the more expensive hotels but is this just snacks or full on meals?
I would be looking at a 2k difference! So I am not sure I can justify that amount.
Looked at using Tesco club points, which would give me around £300 off a deluxe hotel it’s still very expensive. Just a pity you can’t use them for endless summer lol
So what hotel do you recommend and why?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie2604
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

Doubletree, Holiday Inn and Hyatt are all actually nearer than Endless Summer- about 10 minutes pleasant walk. And you can use Tesco vouchers for them. But yes, the only advantage is the front of line pass. They are beautiful hotels though. You could always do 2 nights at one of them and 5 nights in another hotel? Also, if you buy one annual pass you can get a hotel discount- depending on when you're going, the price difference is minimal and you'll get food and drink discounts too. You'd definitely save money with 5 of you going!
Melanie2604 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Cabana bay we loved it, saphire falls was good aswell
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

The the main advantages of a universal hotel for us are proximity to the parks and express passes or whatever they are called. We stay at the hard rock which has a lovely atmosphere around the pool in the evening where we might have a cocktail or two. I love the fact it is so easy to nip in and out of the parks but I have only stayed at the hard rock so can't compare it to other onsite hotels. This year is our third stay there, it has a lovely atmosphere. We stay in a deluxe double queen room and they are an excellent size.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melanie2604 View Post
Doubletree, Holiday Inn and Hyatt are all actually nearer than Endless Summer- about 10 minutes pleasant walk. And you can use Tesco vouchers for them. But yes, the only advantage is the front of line pass. They are beautiful hotels though. You could always do 2 nights at one of them and 5 nights in another hotel? Also, if you buy one annual pass you can get a hotel discount- depending on when you're going, the price difference is minimal and you'll get food and drink discounts too. You'd definitely save money with 5 of you going!
Do the annual passes include volcano bay?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss AliJS
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Do the annual passes include volcano bay?
Yes if you buy the 3 park and not the 2 park
OCT 2018- Emerald Island/HRH
OCT 2019- Back to Windsor Hills/Portofino Bay
OCT 2020 and 2021- Not to be
APRIL 2022- New York
JUNE 2022- Rosen Inn LBV/RPR
APRIL 2023- Emerald Island/Endless Summer
OCT 2024- Emerald Island/RPR
Miss AliJS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

On site hotels offer early entry so an hour before park opens for the general public, you can get a lot done in this time if used over several days.

For us this meant in Volcano Bay we rode Krakatau twice plus 2 other slides in the first hour but we are organised (swim wear on under clothes, sun cream on etc) and there for park opening.

We are doing split stay with Cabana Bay and Royal Pacific Club shortly. Previously we have stayed at HRH which is the closest to the park and Royal Pacific club.

The main thing about Endless Summer is the location, if you are in HRH/RPR/Portafino you can get a water bus which is right outside the park entrances. But if you are in the other hotels the normal buses are through City Walk so you have to walk a fair amount to your collection point. Cabana Bay doesn't have a water taxi, some people get round this by walking across to Sapphire Falls to catch theirs but I am unsure if this is allowed.

FOLP allowed us complete flexibility with the parks. But we utilised club level as much as we could. So breakfast, then back early afternoon for snacks, sleep, back into club lounge for early dinner, back into park and back for sweet treats. It was convenient for us and worth it with 2 boys aged 15 and 12 at the time who can really eat.

This is a video of the club lounge and food (not my video, just a comprehensive look)

August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Miss AliJS View Post
Yes if you buy the 3 park and not the 2 park
From what I can see volcano bay is blocked out for July and most of August (that’s when we are there) apart from after 4pm
Or am I getting it completely wrong?
Old 24 Jun 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
From what I can see volcano bay is blocked out for July and most of August (that’s when we are there) apart from after 4pm
Or am I getting it completely wrong?
Also, if we are annual pass holders it seems there is a significant discount on the premium hotels. Can this be booked using the Tesco club points too?
My word, I am getting myself confused lol
Old 24 Jun 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie2604
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

It depends which pass you get as to what the block out dates are. We bought the seasonal one last summer as we went at the end of August then upgraded it as we fitted an Easter trip in too.
Melanie2604 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List