Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 Jun 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile There is hope!

Just secured an ADR for Cali Grill brunch at 42 days out - can"t believe my luck! Only problem is I had to make reservation for 2 people but there are 3 of us - are they OK about adding a person? Am I best to call up beforehand or just turn up as a party of 3?
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

You need to tell them in advance or try and modify your booking- if they are expecting 2 and are fully booked they may not have bigger tables available for 3
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by skb 123 View Post
Just secured an ADR for Cali Grill brunch at 42 days out - can"t believe my luck! Only problem is I had to make reservation for 2 people but there are 3 of us - are they OK about adding a person? Am I best to call up beforehand or just turn up as a party of 3?
The tables for 2 aren't huge so they might not fit another person on. If you're onsite, ask your concierge if they can ask - they're usually very helpful.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

If there was availability for 3 you'd have been able to book a table for 3. Since you were only able to book a table for 2 I assume they won't be able to accommodate a third person. Why not ring Disney though and see what they say.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
looloomoomoo
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 37
Guidebook Reviews: 5
California Grill have tables for 2 - quite a lot of them so I’d agree - advise them that there are more a little nearer the time or keep checking your dates for a larger party. It’s lovely especially if you get to see the fireworks as well.

looloomoomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

Restaurant licensing rules in Florida are quite strict. They have maximum capacity numbers which must not be breached and this is why you have to include all members of the party and not just dining members. CG brunch is incredibly popular so they will likely book to capacity. For this reason I wouldn’t risk turning up with 3 people to a 2 person booking. They may well turn the extra away if they are at capacity.
Register with mousedining and continue the search for the right number
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s so popular that when we went someone had stolen our reservation 🙀 Caused quite the commotion at the podium. Don’t know how they did it but from the talk between the hostesses they were convincing because they asked us for ID to prove who we were. All this to say it’s so busy people are pulling scams to get in so I would definitely update the party size as your chances of getting a larger table on the day would be very slim. It was at capacity all the time we were there and again when we came back to watch the fireworks.
landandword17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 04:32 AM  
Link to this Post

That is a big problem, you can’t turn up with three when the booking is for two. We definitely could not have fit a third person at our table.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Mobile

You need to decide who will be sitting outside the restaurant while 2 of you eat.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You’ll have to bin someone off. Who’s you’re favourite travelling companion 😉
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List