Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Jun 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Chocolate
Earning More Ears

Ramanda plaza resort International drive

We are booked to stay here for 16 nights in October/November before we move onto a Disney hotel.
It was recommended to us by our travel agent. I'm reading a lot of bad reviews about the hotel and now I'm starting to worry that its a dive.
Alot of 1 star reviews saying the rooms are dirty, beds not being changed from previous guests, pool water green and slimy.
Anyone stay here recently?

Edited at 10:06 PM.
Chocolate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Chocolate
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Anybody?
Chocolate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyWannabe
Imagineer

We are booked here in August for 4 nights. We booked a "superior" room as these were advertised in the North Tower that has excellent reviews HOWEVER, we called last week to check we had connecting rooms to find that we were in the South Tower - Manager was very nice and explained that the North Tower only has suites and we were booked into a room (that the TA had booked). Called TA who said that our room was "superior" as it was on a high floor.

Anyway, after much tussling and upset we have conceded that the have no choice but to make the best of it, we have called hotel back and expressed how concerned we are given the reviews and they have assured us that the rooms will be clean and well maintained, so lets hope!

Will let you know once we have stayed!
Old 27 Jun 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

The suite side of the hotel is nice the older part of hotel where there are just rooms are a dump , aviod if you can see if your TA can move you to another hotel
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyWannabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
The suite side of the hotel is nice the older part of hotel where there are just rooms are a dump , aviod if you can see if your TA can move you to another hotel
We tried, they now want an extortionate amount to do so, as it's only 4 nights we are going to suck it up.
Old 27 Jun 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Chocolate
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Just checked our booking form we have a superior 1 bedroom suite. We are staying 16 nights with a 7 year old. I know it's just a base for the holiday but still expect it to be nice. Tried phoning the travel agent today and she is not answering my calls.
Old 28 Jun 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyWannabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
Just checked our booking form we have a superior 1 bedroom suite. We are staying 16 nights with a 7 year old. I know it's just a base for the holiday but still expect it to be nice. Tried phoning the travel agent today and she is not answering my calls.
I think you will be fine in a suite as they are in the North Tower (according to the hotel manager we spoke to) and the reviews for them seem very good.

I hope you have a fantastic holiday
Old 29 Jun 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

I wouldn't worry about it - we have stayed at hotels with poor reviews and found them to be fine. As long as it is clean and the beds are comfy, the location just needs to be good.

We generally leave the room at 8.30 and come back at 10pm anyway
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Chitty
New Poster (4)

Mobile

F this thread. We are a family of 5 staying next aug for 16 nights here. Booked a superior suite from what my daughters said
Chitty is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Chocolate
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I went into the travel agent and questioned it.
They said we are definitely in the newer block.
I know it's basically just somewhere to sleep and shower but with a 7 year old we still want a nice clean hotel.
We have a superior 1 bedroom suite aswell.