Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 4 May 18, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
jazzluvva
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Paying for Select TS OOP?

I'm considering remaining on the QSDP, we are a family of 4 (2ad, DS19 with ASD, & DS15). DDP Upgrade cost is around £900, so I'm weighing up the Pros & Cons of booking so many (as yet undecided) TS restaurants for OOP reservations.
Adding into the mix will be Show Dining Packages (ROL/Fantasmic) for FP+ management benefits.

We would expect to have the DAS also.
jazzluvva is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 18, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

We do this now as the upgrade cost for us is £952 and we don't want a TS meal every day. We like the flexibility if the qsdp and there are some great places to eat if you do a bit of research. Last year we did 3 TS meals - one at Outback and then got Landry's cards for Yak and Yeti and Rainforest Café. We'll look to do 3-4 next year too. I wouldn't worry about paying for a dinner show for ROL though as it's easy enough to either fastpass or get in with the regular standby queue. It gets really mixed reviews too. Personally, we really enjoyed it, but I wouldn't pay money to eat somewhere to see it again. A lot of people find it underwhelming though.

I wrote a QSDP food report during our trip last year with details and photos of everything we ate. You might find it a useful read and the link is in blue at the bottom of my signature

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 18, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
jazzluvva
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for the reply . I'm a bit a planner myself, so I know there's plenty of variety on the QSDP. I'll definitely check out your report. Is the Landry's Card like a Loyalty card? Offers discounts?
jazzluvva is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 18, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

We did 4 TS meals on QS last year and just used our gift voucher (we had $300 so it covered everything). I prefer the QSDP, although we've only had DDP once - by the end of the holiday I didn't appreciate the food at all and wasn't enjoying the meals I should have been!

We will do the same thing next year as the cost of the upgrade is much more than the cost of the few TS we want to do

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Upgrade for us was £900 - but that included a move from ASM to Port Orleans, so decided to go for it.

We had booked 3 x TS meals - but really wanted to a couple more, so this has worked out well for us.

The issue we have with QS is the deciding where to eat on the day - everyone has a different opinion, and when we do agree the place is shut or rammed, or end up wasting time eating at 2/3 places!

At least with DDP everyone goes along with what we have booked in advance...and enjoy the theme as much / more than the food anyway.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 18, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kellsbells View Post
We did 4 TS meals on QS last year and just used our gift voucher (we had $300 so it covered everything). I prefer the QSDP, although we've only had DDP once - by the end of the holiday I didn't appreciate the food at all and wasn't enjoying the meals I should have been!

We will do the same thing next year as the cost of the upgrade is much more than the cost of the few TS we want to do
I agree with this - towards end of holiday, it's too much food! We are trying to get round with some 2 x TS meals - we love Cali Grill!
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 18, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
I agree with this - towards end of holiday, it's too much food! We are trying to get round with some 2 x TS meals - we love Cali Grill!
Yes I think this will be the plan for 2020 when my parents plan to come again as they will want DDP so if we put a few signatures in it will feel a bit easier!

The time we did have DDP we actually ended up being given 8 extra TS credits because of a power cut at Hoop De Doo so that didn't help the food levels!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 18, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
jazzluvva
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We did full DDP many years ago, picked some restaurants for food, some for Characters/ambience including some signatures. We were happy with our dining g experiences, I see it as part of the holiday, as some visitors think WDW is just about rides & characters. Some we'd like do again, others perhaps not. Plus of course there are the new ones that have cropped up since our previous visit. I had the same thought to use the gift card towards TS Meals.
Old 5 May 18, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Saldisney18
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
We do this now as the upgrade cost for us is £952 and we don't want a TS meal every day. We like the flexibility if the qsdp and there are some great places to eat if you do a bit of research. Last year we did 3 TS meals - one at Outback and then got Landry's cards for Yak and Yeti and Rainforest Café. We'll look to do 3-4 next year too. I wouldn't worry about paying for a dinner show for ROL though as it's easy enough to either fastpass or get in with the regular standby queue. It gets really mixed reviews too. Personally, we really enjoyed it, but I wouldn't pay money to eat somewhere to see it again. A lot of people find it underwhelming though.

I wrote a QSDP food report during our trip last year with details and photos of everything we ate. You might find it a useful read and the link is in blue at the bottom of my signature
The report was so useful! First time for us and also on QSDP, have booked 4 OOP reservations and had considered upgrading but don’t think I want to have TS every day, especially as the Disney part of our trip is 7 nights so trying to do as much as possible! Is Landry a discount card?
Saldisney18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List