Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 14 May 18, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MissPiggy2012
VIP Dibber

We have loved being able to take family and friends with us ☺️ Also being able to stay at resorts that we wouldn’t be able to afford on cash prices and instead of visiting every 2 years being able to visit twice a year 👍🏻
Old 15 May 18, 05:39 AM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by MissPiggy2012 View Post
We have loved being able to take family and friends with us ☺️ Also being able to stay at resorts that we wouldn’t be able to afford on cash prices and instead of visiting every 2 years being able to visit twice a year 👍🏻
I have a question about taking friends and family. Do you think it's approporate to ask friends and family to pay for your flights as you have paid for the accommodation? Or do you pay for your own flights?
Old 15 May 18, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by a11mark View Post
I have a question about taking friends and family. Do you think it's approporate to ask friends and family to pay for your flights as you have paid for the accommodation? Or do you pay for your own flights?
Personally I would ask them to at least pay the dues on the points they are staying on, only fair as its a cost to you and they are still getting a great deal.

I think there are 2 ways at looking at DVC, If you normally stay in deluxe resorts then this is a way of getting rooms at a much cheaper price, or If you stay at Value or Mods this is a way to get into resorts you may never have afforded or could not justify in your head paying.
I think the rack rates on Deluxe rooms are wayyyyy too much and I could never afford or justify the cost of staying 10-11 nights in one, so I fall into the second cat. This is a way of me getting into resorts I would never have considered (but really wanted) due to cost.
Old 15 May 18, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by a11mark View Post
Perhaps ask for a contribution towards the annual dues, how much would be up to you. I think that sounds better than ‘flights’ and they can relate it to their accommodation. Sounds less cheeky in my opinion.

Edited at 08:58 AM.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Thanks Jan and Gavvy, I didnt think of annual dues, that makes more sense and cheaper
Old 15 May 18, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We love staying in beautiful resorts in the heart of Disney and the option of different room sizes. If you can go for a 1 bed or bigger it is like being at home. Love the fact we know we will always go back- makes leaving that bit easier 😀. Also taking friends and family has been great. We have used points for stays in London and Boston when we were not planning a WDW trip- not as cost effective but good to know there are options to stay in other great places.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

I actually loved the feeling of becoming members on the day: signing all the forms, receiving our DVC bag, being treated to ice cream at the end and having our photo taken. Felt so special! Couldn't imagine doing it over a phone.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
I actually loved the feeling of becoming members on the day: signing all the forms, receiving our DVC bag, being treated to ice cream at the end and having our photo taken. Felt so special! Couldn't imagine doing it over a phone.
I think we're going to do it over the phone. Bar our photo being taken we did most of this when we did the tour with John Locke (not the guy from lost)

Was super impressed with the 3 bump n go FP
Old 20 May 18, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Only having to pay for flights from the uk which is a godsend and being able to stay on property which is brilliant. Our home resort is Saratoga but we love love love The Boardwalk. I don’t think we could afford to go every year if we had to pay for accommodations too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LadyDebs86 View Post
For us, it’s staying in these beautiful resorts and feeling when we come to book that the accommodation part is free (even though obviously it isn’t). When it comes to booking a trip it feels so much more doable just pricing up flights and tickets.

I love the knowledge that we’re always going to be going back to Disney on a regular basis. It makes the end of each trip much less traumatic!

We’ve also been to a Moonlight Magic event and it was great! I just love being part of a club with likeminded mentalists
This sums it up for me exactly
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List