Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 10 Jun 18, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkcandy View Post
Thank you so much, Im going to have a read of them both and get some ideas. I see youre off to Bangkok very soon! We have just come back from there last month, not sure if you have been before but wow! Its one of the most fantastic cities I have been, its absolutely crazy! We had a blast! Hope you have a wonderful time! If you get chance visit the Octave roof bar (Marriott) just for the views! Its stunning!
Thank you - it is my first visit! I am looking forward to it!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Mobile

Afternoon Tea at the Eastern & Oriental Hotel in Penang is very nice.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sunnysandra
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by pinkcandy View Post
Hi!
Thanks Gordieprincess! Ill have a read now! Sounds like you have lots planned! I love the look of the fireflies trip! Its just so unusual. I would like to look into an Orangutan trip, we have just come back from Thailand and visited an Elephant sanctuary and it was unreal! One of the best days i have ever had, so so sad some of the stories, but fanastic.

We basically have the same planned as you so far for KL, im just really excited about all of the Hawker street food

Id love to know what you think to KL on your return.

Happy travels!
Can I ask where in Thailand did you go ? Where did you see the elephants ? That is on my list but all I ever do is cry when I see elephants they make me so emotional
sunnysandra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkcandy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sunnysandra View Post
Can I ask where in Thailand did you go ? Where did you see the elephants ? That is on my list but all I ever do is cry when I see elephants they make me so emotional
I have just pm'd you!

Its a very emotional day! They are just absolutely amazing wonderful creatures!
Old 10 Jun 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkcandy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
Afternoon Tea at the Eastern & Oriental Hotel in Penang is very nice.
Thank you, I will have a look at that one!
Old 10 Jun 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkcandy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
My brother went to batu ferringhi a few years ago. They ate at night in the night market, said it was really cheap and great food. ( I think they may have eaten there every night for a week!).
Originally Posted by holidaysagain View Post
I'd recommend the Telecom tower in KL for views. Its not as tall as the Petronus towers but is on a hill so it seems to look down on them! You can see for miles.
Some great food at the hawker stalls in Penang.
Thank you both for the info, im so excited about the Hawker stalls! Love street food so much!

Yes the telecom tower seem like a much better option, thank you!
Old 10 Jun 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkcandy
Imagineer

For sunnysandra...

They were all beautiful.
Old 10 Jun 18, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sunnysandra
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you
sunnysandra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Hi I am looking for ideas for my "retirement" trip after 30 years in the emergency services.
I'd never thought of Malaysia as a holiday location until my DS mentioned a friend was there and now can't stop thinking about it.
However where would I start? Who did you travel with? Don't even know where to start. I'd love a few days in KL ( have a friend that lives there so be great to see her) then a beach location that has plenty of places to visit... We'd be travelling in Aug.

Thanks
Old 15 Aug 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Myakka17 View Post
Hi I am looking for ideas for my "retirement" trip after 30 years in the emergency services.
I'd never thought of Malaysia as a holiday location until my DS mentioned a friend was there and now can't stop thinking about it.
However where would I start? Who did you travel with? Don't even know where to start. I'd love a few days in KL ( have a friend that lives there so be great to see her) then a beach location that has plenty of places to visit... We'd be travelling in Aug.

Thanks
I’m currently sat in Dubai airport - half way to KL! Booked diy through emirates for long haul, Malaysian KL to Penang and silk air Penang to Singapore, booking.com for 3 hotels and direct with one hotel.
Doing 3 nights KL, 7 nights Penang then 6 nights Singapore split between Sen Rosa island and marina bay sands ... will let you know how it goes!
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List