Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 10 Jun 18, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

I haven’t been to Portugal but am a frequent airbnb user. They don’t release the money to the owner until after the first night so if there are issues you can raise a dispute!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
I haven’t been to Portugal but am a frequent airbnb user. They don’t release the money to the owner until after the first night so if there are issues you can raise a dispute!
Wow - I never knew that! So presumably if I turned up and it didn't exist or was fraudulent in some way that I would get my money back?

I have been lurking on the airbnb website and have been put off slightly by the fairly strict cancellation charges on most of the ones I have been looking at.

Makes you wonder when the customer loses 50% for cancelling whether the owner gets the 50% or whether Airbnb keep it.

Interesting...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We've been twice now to villa Linda in Praia da Luz. If you're not keen on Luz there's Burghau next door. Staff on hand when we've had a problem.

algarvevillasluz

Another that's used airbnb. Booked a fab apart in London in April. I looked for one that had a superhost. Means they've had good reviews.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks MinniMouse - will look at that villa. Am also searching for apartment in london so would be interested in that one too if not too cheeky !
Old 17 Jun 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lynjowton
Excited about Disney

lynjowton's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi i have just booked to stay at Eden Resort in Albufeira the resort has various size villas and apartments that can be booked via most travel companies. Have a look on their web page and see what you think.
lynjowton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Hi I am also in process of looking at Portugal for next summer. The villas seem either very expensive or way out in the middle of nowhere ! We weren’t really wanting to drive so have started looking at resorts apartments etc as we are a family of five. Carvoeiro meant to be lovely and I saw a nice looking hotel called Felesia gardens at ohas d Agua I think? So many options
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

We have friends who own a villa in vilamoura. casavinho/

I think take bookings directly or through owners direct, but if booked through the third party site it is more expensive to cover the fees.
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by DollyDimples View Post
We have friends who own a villa in vilamoura. casavinho/

I think take bookings directly or through owners direct, but if booked through the third party site it is more expensive to cover the fees.
Thank you, will look at this !
Old 21 Jun 18, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
billbarbara229
Imagineer

James Villas is supposedly good for Europe

We won't advertise on airbnb as they are too controlling and always sent us requests when we were already booked and take over the taxes making it too complicated They have also been taken to task by BBC watchdong for villas not being there
billbarbara229 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thankyou !