Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 8 Jun 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

We bought in 2009 age 56. Bought Animal Kingdom direct then few years later added on with extended Old Key West direct. We have used ours every year sometimes twice. Now looking at buying a third contract but will go the resale route due to exchange rate and Disney increased prices this year.
Our daughter and partner come too and now twin grandchildren aged 9 months coming in September. As the family grows we keep needing more points for larger accommodation. My mother came with us when she was 97! Would never borrow to buy though. Couldnt have afforded the initial outlay when I was in my 30s
This year we have booked tree houses for cash and Copper Creek and Animal Kimgdom on our points.
You are never too old for Disney or DVC.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Ooh I love these questions. We bought in 2007. We were planning a 20 night stay and that was going to cost £2000. For £7000 we could buy 150 points at SSR. So that's what we did.
We have since added on at AKV and VGF.
Prior to that we use to book with American TA's and used to get free dining, three courses with tips included. Those were the days.
I was 47, DH, 51. A major factor is DD who loves Disney. She won't let me sell and eyes those points as her inheritance.
Feebee2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I bought my first contract - resale at BCV - in 2007 at the age of 45 when my kids were 16, 14 and 7.
Added on direct with points at SSR and BLT when they were built and they offered developer points as incentives.
We've had many fab trips with our points, going 4 times a year at one point. Nowadays we tend to book bigger units but still manage at least two trips a year including trips to California and Hawaii that I probably wouldn't have considered otherwise.
My travel plans may change in time as my youngest is now 18 and they're not coming with me so much.
I might sell some points but will probably rent any excess until such time as grandkids appear!
It's been a great investment although I do hate it when the annual dues come round!
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Feebee2 View Post
Ooh I love these questions. We bought in 2007. We were planning a 20 night stay and that was going to cost £2000. For £7000 we could buy 150 points at SSR. So that's what we did.
We have since added on at AKV and VGF.
Prior to that we use to book with American TA's and used to get free dining, three courses with tips included. Those were the days.
I was 47, DH, 51. A major factor is DD who loves Disney. She won't let me sell and eyes those points as her inheritance.
Nice to think also you've doubled the value of those SSR points should you come to sell today...