Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 16 Jun 18, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jomarise
Getting Excited

Advice on a good destination

We usually go on holiday at Easter for a week with our main holiday in October to Florida.

I am after some advice for somewhere nice to next Easter. We have done Tenerife (liked it) Cyprus (Ayia Napa - again quite good) and Side Turkey (not so keen as we were quite far away from the town)

We have two teenagers (18 yr old girl and 16 yr old boy) both very outgoing and love to be busy, shopping, mini golf, escape rooms, theme parks, water parks, excursions. Every minute they like to be busy.

Any advice on where to go, we like to be within walking distance of the action, preferably by the beach and somewhere thats relatively warm at that time of year, not to bothered on a budget. Thanks
jomarise is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ashc13
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Easter is later next year, so Italy and mainland Spain should be warming up. We've had great hols to Lake Garda. Lots to do, visit towns on the lake, Verona and even Venice as a day trip. Gardaland is a great theme park. Our kids are only tots, we normally camp. I've seen recommendations for hotels and apartments here before.

Lanzarote is another great spot. Last time we hired a car (very reasonably) and saw a bit more of the island. We stay in Puerto del Carmen but again I've seen recommendations for nice hotels in Playa Blanca here before.

Split stay Barcelona and Salou (or another resort close to Port Aventura). We are going later in the year and staying in the Sol Costa Dorada (part of the Melia group).

Does it have to have a beach? Not long back from Copenhagen - Gothenburg - Stockholm. Great trip! Looks like there are some decent theme parks in Denmark, Sweden and Finland! Looking at spending more time in Denmark next year. We usually stay with the Scandic chain (kids under 12 stay free). Their site is great for ideas and gives a good description of room size etc

Following thread for other ideas!
ashc13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We are going to Lanzarote for Xmas this year for the first time and are really looking forward to it. We are staying in playa Blanca.
We have also done Port Aventura with our teen son which he enjoyed and always asks to go back.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

We went to Dubai at easter last year and the weather was lovely. Ticks all your boxes with theme parks, water parks etc. We stayed at Atlantis the Palm and it was a beautiful hotel (though not cheap) with free access to its own aquarium and water park. You can also do desert safari/dune bashing, biggest shopping malls in the world, motiongate theme park, afternoon tea in 7 star hotel, souks, creek boat rides etc. So much to do we are going back in October but staying near the creek to do the stuff at that side and save money vs Atlantis.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 05:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Another vote for Dubai. We stayed at the Jumeriah Creekside hotel which is the cheapest of the Jumeriah hotels but absolutely lovely. We had free access to the Wild Wadi water park which was a huge hit with the kids!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jomarise
Getting Excited

Thanks for all the suggestions, I think we may look at Dubai, we stayed there about 10 years ago (no kids) I think its changed a lot since we were there last.
jomarise is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We are going to Dubai for the first time in October half term. Our dd is 16 and likes to be busy too. We are staying at the Lapita hotel which is the one based in a theme park. Looks fab and didn’t cost us that much more than a week in a nice hotel in Turkey.
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Dibbing with Tink

We are looking at camping in Lake Garda next year. Which campsite did you go to, trying to find some recommendations

Originally Posted by ashc13 View Post
Easter is later next year, so Italy and mainland Spain should be warming up. We've had great hols to Lake Garda. Lots to do, visit towns on the lake, Verona and even Venice as a day trip. Gardaland is a great theme park. Our kids are only tots, we normally camp. I've seen recommendations for hotels and apartments here before.

Lanzarote is another great spot. Last time we hired a car (very reasonably) and saw a bit more of the island. We stay in Puerto del Carmen but again I've seen recommendations for nice hotels in Playa Blanca here before.

Split stay Barcelona and Salou (or another resort close to Port Aventura). We are going later in the year and staying in the Sol Costa Dorada (part of the Melia group).

Does it have to have a beach? Not long back from Copenhagen - Gothenburg - Stockholm. Great trip! Looks like there are some decent theme parks in Denmark, Sweden and Finland! Looking at spending more time in Denmark next year. We usually stay with the Scandic chain (kids under 12 stay free). Their site is great for ideas and gives a good description of room size etc

Following thread for other ideas!
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyPrincess
Proud to wear my Ears

We used to love to go to France.
We used to stay in caravans and there was always tons of days out to be had around and about.
GoofyPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ashc13
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by kathrynmc View Post
We are looking at camping in Lake Garda next year. Which campsite did you go to, trying to find some recommendations
Hi

We have stayed in Bella Italia twice, bout 10-15 walk to Peschiera del Garda. Market here on a Monday. Nice town. From here you can take a boat to different towns on the lake. The bus passes the campsite on the way to Verona in one direction and Serimone in the other direction. Really enjoyed both day trips. In Verona we did some shopping, visited the colosseum, visited Romeo and Juliets balcony! Serimone is very pretty, did a nice boat trip. Lots of gelato shops selling lovely ice cream! Had a great day in Gardaland. Plenty for my toddler to do. When we went in September, they were running a promotion for 25 Eur entry on Wednesdays. Another park I saw advertised was Movieland. Camp site is a very short transfer from Verona Airport. We have two young children, aren't tied to school holidays, so have picked up good deals in May one year and September the following year. I'd imagine the site gets very busy during peak season. If you more information, please let me know
ashc13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List