Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jun 18, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Larajp
Excited about Disney

Mobile Torn on when to go Aug V Oct 19

So we are not strangers to Florida but stick to april-june normally. Next year we need to go after June and tie in with school holidays for at least a week as my sister and family are joining us.

Oct seemed the natural option with half term and the week before or after. However I've been reading about star wars world opening and how busy it's predicted to be.

We then thought about the last two weeks of August. We initially discounted the summer all together thinking the flights will just be too much and parks loads busier but having never been at this time if year, is this actually the case?

Advice welcome. We normally go virgin direct and departing airport varies based on best price but anywhere south of Manchester.

First time doing Disney in 4 years so I'm sure I'm going to be like a newbie where that is concerned and be reading up on here for advice and tips.

We just got back from fort Myers beach on estero island and highly recommend that if anyone is thinking beach, if we weren't taking family next year we'd defo go there again 😂😂☀️

Thanks dibbers x
2004 / 2009/ 2009/ 2013 Mia's first visit to Disney / 2014 Orlando & Clearwater / 2016 Our wedding! Orlando & St Pete's - Photo trippie done / May 2018 Orlando & Fort Myers beach on Estero Island/ 2019 Big family Disney trip/ 2020 sneaky week
Larajp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Larajp View Post
However I've been reading about star wars world opening and how busy it's predicted to be
Who is predecting this? Just the internet assuming things.

Based on my, admitted assumptions, I would think October will be ok SW wise. Official Disney lines are “late fall”. As the US seasons are a little different to ours - fall is approx mid Sept to mid Dec (dates differ slightly depending who you read) - then “late fall” looks like sometime from late Nov to mid December. And the dates likely to slip - I doubt it’ll be sooner!
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MJ6987
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Adultdisneyfan View Post
Who is predecting this? Just the internet assuming things.

Based on my, admitted assumptions, I would think October will be ok SW wise. Official Disney lines are “late fall”. As the US seasons are a little different to ours - fall is approx mid Sept to mid Dec (dates differ slightly depending who you read) - then “late fall” looks like sometime from late Nov to mid December. And the dates likely to slip - I doubt it’ll be sooner!
That's the same as Fall (Autumn) in the UK - 21/22 Sept to 21/22 Dec.

But, yes, early December is the likely opening date for Galaxy's Edge.
MJ6987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Larajp
Excited about Disney

Just from media and paranoid husband tbh!

I have no interest in SW so ill be fine if that date does slide.

Thanks both.
Larajp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle1989
Serious Dibber

IF you have no interest in SW it may not be a bad time to be at the other parks if it even does open in Oct?
WDW 'Once in a Lifetime trip' - July 2017 -- OKW DLP - July 2018 -- Hotel Cheyenne WDW POR Royal Guest Room -- May 2019 WDW POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2022 WDW Contemporay Resort & POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2023
Belle1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Larajp
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Belle1989 View Post
IF you have no interest in SW it may not be a bad time to be at the other parks if it even does open in Oct?
True, but if there are fans going I am sure they will want to go to all the parks not just HS. August seems to have its perks as less childcare costs if we are away in the summer! plus a bank holiday so one less days holiday to use.
Old 13 Jun 18, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

There is another post regarding the end of August as we are in exactly the same predicament as yourselfs. We went October last year and found things quite busy and also you can't book any disney hotels at the moment due to the hold on sales. I'm thinking of the 1st week in September as my son doesn't go back to school until the second week and the other thread says that the parks aren't as busy as what you might expect.
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Larajp
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by blades View Post
There is another post regarding the end of August as we are in exactly the same predicament as yourselfs. We went October last year and found things quite busy and also you can't book any disney hotels at the moment due to the hold on sales. I'm thinking of the 1st week in September as my son doesn't go back to school until the second week and the other thread says that the parks aren't as busy as what you might expect.
Yes I saw that one and the responses were really helpful- I was stalking
We have gone ahead and booked August 2019! and despite never even considering onsite before we are staying at Coronado Springs with the DDP. Soooo excited! its the longest countdown ive had but loads of time for Dibbing!
2004 / 2009/ 2009/ 2013 Mia's first visit to Disney / 2014 Orlando & Clearwater / 2016 Our wedding! Orlando & St Pete's - Photo trippie done / May 2018 Orlando & Fort Myers beach on Estero Island/ 2019 Big family Disney trip/ 2020 sneaky week
Old 18 Jun 18, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

We have gone the last 2 weeks in August for the last 4 years. Love September, but due to schools, have to go August. We find the parks good, and if planned well, can be walk on for most rides you want. You may even find it quieter in 2019 as people will be holding off a few months for Starwars.
Last year we didnt see any rain in the 2 weeks we were there.

Your count down is better than ours. Nothing for this year, and most likely next visit will now be 2022. Overspent the last 4 years, as each year was going to be the last year we went and spent more making it even better than the previous year.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL

Edited at 03:12 PM.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

My favourite time to go you will love it yes it’s hot but lovely,
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List