Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Aug 17, 02:49 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Mobile

We were there today and queued no longer than 30 mins and did everything
Hulk walk on
Would not pay the extra if I were you
Old 26 Aug 17, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We managed Universal without fast passes at the start of August by entering the parks at 4pm

We did have Express passes which helps if going between 9 and 5.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 17, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I wouldn't personally

We are just back and did Universal with both Express Passes and without. Yes, passes are easier but we found the lines just as long as the standard lines for some rides

After 5pm last Sunday all star attractions were less than 10 minutes including Harry Potter
For September, I would not bother but I have never seen the Express pass queue the same as the standby ! I would be annoyed if I had them and this happened...
We always go in July/August and would not go to Universal without them (but we stay overnight to get the FOTL passes) 👍
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 17, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

My wife was annoyed when the FP queue was larger than standard line a few weeks ago.

This was the case for The Mummy, Rip Rocket, Hulk and Dr Doom.

Far too many people have Express passes imo
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 17, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Jeff456
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I've been there for the last two days you do not need express passes so long as you are happy to get there before opening and follow some kind of touring plan. Both parks done by 5pm on each day minimal queues, the express passes are good though I've done that before
WDW- Feb 1999-AS Music, Oct 2000- AS Movies, Oct 2005- AKL, Oct 2006-Offsite, Feb 2008-AS Music, Aug 2010-POFQ, Aug 2012-OKW, Sep 2014 POFQ, Aug 2017 OKW, Aug 2023 POFQ, Jan 2024 - Dockside, April 2024 Villa, Sep 2024 OKW, Dec 2024 - AS Movies

DLP - Dec 2009, July 2011, July 2019, Sep 2019, November 2022
Jeff456 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 17, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Minion71
Getting Excited

Mobile

Lots of rides have single rider facilities. You don't get to enjoy the queue area e.g. Hogwarts. However mid pm regular queue 45 mins for forbidden journey single rider walk on
Minion71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 17, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
My wife was annoyed when the FP queue was larger than standard line a few weeks ago.

This was the case for The Mummy, Rip Rocket, Hulk and Dr Doom.

Far too many people have Express passes imo
Gosh - that would annoy me too! The express lines were quite long yesterday so def think that there are lots of Folp around. But it was hard to see how long the normal queues were as they double back so much and are hidden from the express lines. Either way - we did quite a few single rider. Did MIB three times whilst the express pass queue wasn't really moving.

Would be interesting test. 3 people one single rider, one express and one standard see how many times you can go through in each queue before the standard pax gets through once.

For MIB yesterday est. (at the time we were there) single 10+, express 5+, standard 1.

That is a complete guess mind you. EP might be higher.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 17, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Gosh - that would annoy me too! The express lines were quite long yesterday so def think that there are lots of Folp around. But it was hard to see how long the normal queues were as they double back so much and are hidden from the express lines. Either way - we did quite a few single rider. Did MIB three times whilst the express pass queue wasn't really moving.

Would be interesting test. 3 people one single rider, one express and one standard see how many times you can go through in each queue before the standard pax gets through once.

For MIB yesterday est. (at the time we were there) single 10+, express 5+, standard 1.

That is a complete guess mind you. EP might be higher.
You were at universal too yesterday? That explains the rain shower 😏
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 17, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes indeedy. For anybody wishing to avoid the rain - today we are heading to the Orlando city game tonight - so bring your coats !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 17, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Yes indeedy. For anybody wishing to avoid the rain - today we are heading to the Orlando city game tonight - so bring your coats !
Have fun!
We are off to Tampa for NFL 😁
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List