Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 Jun 18, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridag1rl View Post
Went to Venice last November, most of the restaurants have menus and prices outside, there were tow of us starter, main course and drinks was just over £30. This was on Venice island we didn't find it expensive.
That sounds perfect, not too expensive at all. We only have a couple of weeks to our trip now, starting to put a final plan together of what we want to see and do, can't wait 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Mobile

Thanks everyone, we arrived back home today after an idyllic 5 days in Venice.

To explain, we were meant to be in Berlin. Yes really! We were on the way to Liverpool airport on Sunday when I got a txt from EasyJet informing me that they have cancelled the flight.

This has never happened to us before and we have done tons of city breaks over the years, lucky I guess, but not this time. The only other flight was 6am the next morning from Luton... errrr nope! So I had no choice but to ask for a refund. Gutted.

As I’m sure most of you can relate from being on here I’m a planner, I live for it, I love it, organised fun anyone!? ! 🤣

So when left with a week off, and nowhere to go, what is a girl to do? Venice was booked on Monday to fly on Tuesday. I’m not on here as much as I used to be as my last Florida trip was 2014, but with the next one being 2019 I check in more now than I did.

That’s how I came upon this thread on Tuesday morning in the airport which calmed the nerves of a planner unable to plan somewhat!

The things I share likely won’t rock your world but we found some lovely places that were easy on the purse, hope it may help someone!

We stayed just off San Marco square, we had breakfast every day at Farini tripadvisor/Restau...ce_Veneto.html

Very busy, very good, very cheap, totally worth it. If you like pastries you can have a pastry and a coffee for as little as €2.50 each. Their hot food is slightly more expensive but still completely worth it, have a piece of their pizza, trust me, fabulous!

We spent between 8-10 Euro’s on breakfast each day but that’s cos I had sprite (3€ a can/bottle everywhere!) and we had hot food too.

We went to Murano Island. Beautiful place, my favourite over Burano and we struck lucky with a restaurant by the water, we sat there for hours, there was a snack menu on the table, but they have a full menu if you prefer, we had omelettes, and plenty of wine. Half a litre was €5 and 3 quarters was 7€ (Yes really!) Our entire bill was 29€ for food and drinks, in a beautiful setting right by the water,
tripadvisor/Restau...no_Veneto.html

Finally, our last gem is tripadvisor/Restau...ce_Veneto.html

I left a review on trip advisor because we appreciated it so much here (and visited it twice) the hosts really couldn’t do enough for us, so helpful and friendly, you have views of the water here but don’t get stung with the premium that normally goes with it, the food and drinks are lovely too 😜

I’m sure there are other things I’ve forgotten but I will say Venice is a beautiful, wonderful place to visit, we were there almost by accident and I can’t wait to go back!

For those of you going soon, enjoy! You will love it I’m sure!

Colette

Ps I hope the links work, I’ve typed this whole thing on my phone, it’s been a very long day and I’m having a wine!

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks Colette, I have added your restaurants to our list. So pleased you enjoyed your visit, makes me even more excited for ours now 😊. We have been spending/are spending lots of our weekends in June looking at universities with our daughter, very tiring so we are really looking forward to our 6 days in Venice.

We weren't sure we were going to visit Murano, but fancied Burano and Torcello, but will try to fit Murano in now too.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Mobile

I would have liked to do Torcello too but we didn’t have time, it’s funny because out of the 2 other islands I wanted to visit Burano over Murano, but enjoyed the latter more.

On Burano there is a place called Devil Pizza, slices looked amazing, as did the calzone, we ate next door (purely because I wanted Prosecco) but Devil Pizza is cheap and cheerful.

Good luck with the university viewings, that’s what we should be doing with our son who is nearly 17, but making him listen to mum and dad takes a while 😉 enjoy Venice, I’ll look forward to hearing your views of it when you are back

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by col2501 View Post
I would have liked to do Torcello too but we didn’t have time, it’s funny because out of the 2 other islands I wanted to visit Burano over Murano, but enjoyed the latter more.

On Burano there is a place called Devil Pizza, slices looked amazing, as did the calzone, we ate next door (purely because I wanted Prosecco) but Devil Pizza is cheap and cheerful.

Good luck with the university viewings, that’s what we should be doing with our son who is nearly 17, but making him listen to mum and dad takes a while 😉 enjoy Venice, I’ll look forward to hearing your views of it when you are back
Devil's pizza on the list now too 😀 (although the prosecco may tempt me too). I will report back after our trip.

Good luck with getting your son to uni, boys do need more of a push than girls I feel. I know our 2 boys did, but they got there in the end 😀. DD enjoyed Bristol uni today so may have found the one 😊
Old 20 Jun 18, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Just booked a trip to Venice 5 nights for next March for DH’s 60th birthday. Loving all the info on this post only looking to find out best way to transfer from the airport 😊😊.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
Just booked a trip to Venice 5 nights for next March for DH’s 60th birthday. Loving all the info on this post only looking to find out best way to transfer from the airport 😊😊.
We have booked the atvo bus, just €13 each return if booked in advance. It seemed the simpliest option, cheap and straightforward. We go in 11 days time so let you know how it goes 😊. We are staying in the Canneregio district and our hotel is around 12 minutes walk from the bus station so we are planning to walk to our hotel when we get to Venice, I just hope we don't get too lost 😀

Hope you have a great trip. I am so looking forward to our trip now
Old 21 Jun 18, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
It depends where you are staying. The water buses from the airport are totally geared up to transport you and your luggage and it’s a great and unique way of arriving.

We found it really easy to locate the correct water bus despite our hotel cancelling the private shuttle boat due to the weather.

Edited to add we used the Alilaguna line , route map attached

alilaguna.it/en/lines/lines-map

Edited at 06:52 AM.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
We have booked the atvo bus, just €13 each return if booked in advance. It seemed the simpliest option, cheap and straightforward. We go in 11 days time so let you know how it goes 😊. We are staying in the Canneregio district and our hotel is around 12 minutes walk from the bus station so we are planning to walk to our hotel when we get to Venice, I just hope we don't get too lost 😀

Hope you have a great trip. I am so looking forward to our trip now
I would probably go with this but DH will be expecting to be dropped at the door 😄😄 our hotel is waterfront on the Grand canal so it could be an option. Me too already feeling excited and it’s months away .
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
It depends where you are staying. The water buses from the airport are totally geared up to transport you and your luggage and it’s a great and unique way of arriving.

We found it really easy to locate the correct water bus despite our hotel cancelling the private shuttle boat due to the weather.

Edited to add we used the Alilaguna line , route map attached

alilaguna.it/en/lines/lines-map
Will definitely look into this as water taxis outside our hotel.