Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Feb 18, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Star Wars Resort at Walt Disney World Promises to be 'Unlike Anything That Exists Today'

inline imageDuring D23 Expo Japan, Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, shared some information on the highly anticipated new Star Wars Inspired resort to be built at Walt Disney World.

The new resort will be seamlessly connected to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

"This first-of-its-kind resort will combine luxury with complete immersion into an authentic Star Wars story. Guests’ journey through space will start when everyone departs together for a multiday Stars Wars adventure by boarding a starship alive with characters and stories that unfold all around them during a voyage through the galaxy.

At the resort, guests immediately become active citizens of the galaxy and can dress up in the proper attire. Every resort window will also have a view into space. The opportunity for immersion at this resort will also stand out among all Disney resorts around the globe, as it will be seamlessly connected to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, allowing guests a total Star Wars experience."

Disney Parks Blog article here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Star-Wars-Land_small.jpg (26.3 KB, 35355 views)
File Type: jpg Star-Wars-Land_Large.jpg (273.9 KB, 36045 views)
Old 12 Feb 18, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

If the rumoured cost is anything to go on, it would need to be ridiculously good.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisblanc
Apprentice Imagineer

About $600 for 2 days right? I'd pay that lol for a completely immersive thing. Secret Cinemas are about Ł75 for a few hours.

'The new resort will be seamlessly connected to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.'

So it's own entrance straight into SW land I'm guessing. Get your papers stamped by stormtroopers at the hotel and get on some sort of ride to Galaxy's edge a bit like the Hogwarts express?
Old 12 Feb 18, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Completely speculative, but what I saw suggested more like $1000 per person

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Laughing Minnie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

If it is like Secret Cinema, it could be incredible. I would love it, but not sure my son would.
Laughing Minnie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by chrisblanc View Post
About $600 for 2 days right? I'd pay that lol for a completely immersive thing. Secret Cinemas are about Ł75 for a few hours.

'The new resort will be seamlessly connected to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.'

Originally Posted by Gezzs
Completely speculative, but what I saw suggested more like $1000 per person
I saw a very early rumour that the max stay in this hotel will be for 5/7 nights (thats the total ammount the hotels "story engine" will permit. Im not sure if this will change later, I'm sure it would be to allow more people to experiace it when it opens).

I calculated the price to be $2000-$2500 per person, as much as a fan I am, I dont think I'd want to stay here. I dont like the idea of the space view (I get it and why its important for the emersion) but it looks and sounds like, theyll be no natural sunlight, I wont be able to open a window or look outside on to the land/lake. Its a lot of money and I know people who will pay this and more, but what I value important to my stay looks to be overlooked for this hotel. I know Im not going to be locked in my room all day, I'm barley in my room as it is, but I suppose its the freedom of opening a window or being able to look outside and even go outside and stand on the balcony while I wait for my better half.

as I mentioned this was a very early rumor/speculation and could very well change, which could change my mind completely. I guess we'll just have to wait and see
Old 13 Feb 18, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jo_de_vil
New Poster (4)

jo_de_vil's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9
I just want to know when will it be coming even "a fall 2019" or when ever would be better than nothing. Don't they know I have DVC points to juggle... LOL
jo_de_vil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Almost no matter what they charge it’s probably going to be sold out for years, so many SW fans with money who will be obsessed with going. Don’t know why universal never tried this with Harry potter, printing money imo
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I love Star Wars and although this seems on the surface like an amazing thing I don’t actually want to do it. The thought of staying in a hotel for 2 days straight “pretending” I’m on a space ship just doesn’t do it for me. I’d rather be out in the park.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I love Star Wars and although this seems on the surface like an amazing thing I don’t actually want to do it. The thought of staying in a hotel for 2 days straight “pretending” I’m on a space ship just doesn’t do it for me. I’d rather be out in the park.
My dh is a huge huge huge star wars nut, but he feels exactly the same... good job really, as 18 years together and ive still never seen one of the films all the way through! He is ridiculously easy to buy for at birthdays and Christmas though :-D