Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Mar 18, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disneysue View Post
Will this include DVC members? We don't get that many privileges as it is, so surely we are not included in it.
Would be interested to know too
Old 17 Mar 18, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

I can see that if you book before certain dates it will still be free, but when does it actually come into action?
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 18, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweetums
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cheekytink View Post
There has been lots of interesting discussion around this - and Previous posters - that's exactly what Disney want.
They want to reduce the number of visitors with cars - it makes is significantly more likely that you will remain on site and spend your $$$ on site, rather than popping off to Walmart, Cracker Barrell etc. If they penalise you for having a vehicle on site, then many many more people will use ME, Minnie Vans, buses and the gondola-system when it is open. PLUS the additional revenue for those people who still choose to have (or have to) have a car on site.

I understand why they have done it, but I don't have to like it.
I like the way you have justified it, again I could understand if their bus / transport system wasn't already creaking, but lets put that aside, and say it's to keep you in the bubble ...

How do you justify the rumoured FP charges?

The "free" parking set them apart, from their competition, and the "perks" contributed to our decision to stay on site, as did the creaking transport system contributed to our decision to hire a car in October.

Perhaps staying on site, we will pay for parking, but get free FP, as that is in line with their competition too.
2016 Shamu Sanctuary Dibb Villa WDW - 2017 DLP
2018 CBR WDW Halloween 2019 West Coast trip
2019 CBR WDW December
2022 CBR WDW December
Sweetums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 18, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Sweetums View Post
I like the way you have justified it, again I could understand if their bus / transport system wasn't already creaking, but lets put that aside, and say it's to keep you in the bubble ...

How do you justify the rumoured FP charges?

The "free" parking set them apart, from their competition, and the "perks" contributed to our decision to stay on site, as did the creaking transport system contributed to our decision to hire a car in October.

Perhaps staying on site, we will pay for parking, but get free FP, as that is in line with their competition too.
I have to say, this obviously isn't MY justification - it was actually Lou Mongello's... but it does make sense to me.
As I said, I understand it but I don't have to like it!

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
I can see that if you book before certain dates it will still be free, but when does it actually come into action?
Parking fees will kick in for those reservations booked on US site after 21/3, for whatever dates their reservation is for. 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 18, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Parking fees will kick in for those reservations booked on US site after 21/3, for whatever dates their reservation is for. 😊
I’m just wondering when we’d have to pay though. I go soon and we’ve booked to eat in restaurants at Disney hotels, will I be paying to park there as it’s after 21/3, or do the charges not start til a later date?
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 18, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I’m just wondering when we’d have to pay though. I go soon and we’ve booked to eat in restaurants at Disney hotels, will I be paying to park there as it’s after 21/3, or do the charges not start til a later date?
There is no charge for visitor parking for ADR's etc. Charges are for resort guests parking overnight during their stay.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 18, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

No it's only for self parking at WDW resorts for bookings made after 21/3.
So if you're staying at a WDW resort & booked before 21/3 you won't pay for parking.

For ADR's at other WDW resorts it's free parking now and after 21/3.
I'm not sure if they're going to start limiting the free parking when visiting other WDW resorts for ADR's etc, that's not been clarified yet, but it is free.
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
crux
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneysue View Post
Will this include DVC members? We don't get that many privileges as it is, so surely we are not included in it.
According to the thread on the DVC sub-board, they cannot charge anyone staying at a DVC resort using points. It's a legal issue with the contract, they cannot charge for visiting the areas you are paying for the upkeep of through the maintenance 'dues'. DVC members paying cash will be charged.
Beach Club Villas 2003 2006 2009 2012 2014 2015 2018
Boardwalk Villas 2016
crux is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by crux View Post
According to the thread on the DVC sub-board, they cannot charge anyone staying at a DVC resort using points. It's a legal issue with the contract, they cannot charge for visiting the areas you are paying for the upkeep of through the maintenance 'dues'. DVC members paying cash will be charged.
They cannot charge members but they can charge non-members who are renting points... Members staying at any DVC villa resort regardless of how they paid for thier accomidation will still get free parking.

The DVC website specifically mentions members and not just guests staying on points.

Edited at 10:28 PM.
bighal is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List