Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 1 May 18, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Do Boatwright's do a vegetarian option

Hi,
I have been looking at the menu for Boatwright's but there no longer seems to be a vegetarian option.
Has anyone been there who is vegetarian?
Many thanks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
James_and_Shona
Earning More Ears

We have never been there but just wanted to let you know the restaurant itself doesn't get very good reviews - check out the latest reviews on dis unplugged / disney dining show.
Orlando Celebration - April 2008
Kissimmee Travelodge - April 2004
James_and_Shona is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
To put this place in perspective we ate there last night. We tend to dine there once per trip and never expect the world but won't put up with poor food either.

I had the scallops. All I can say is they were excellent and I'm fussy
My Wife had the pork, well she's had half of it and as usual dumped the rest on me! Brilliant flavours
My Son had the jambalaya, not my scene but he declared it to be excellent.

That's all I can help with but I have yet to see a Disney restaurant that can't rustle up a vegetarian dish when asked.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

We at there in October 2016 and I'm veggie. Annoying I didn't take a photo or note all the details of what I had, but I know it involved green beans and mashed potatoes but that wasn't the only option they gave me. I never eat mash at home and I remember the waiter asking if I'd like mashed potatoes and green beans or if I'd already had them too many times and I was firmly of the belief that there was no such thing as too many mashed potatoes at Disney. So there is that.

I just wish I had written down what I had with them! I know it wasn't a tomato dish of any kind (I'm allergic to tomato/pepper/chilli), so it wasn't the jambalaya that was the previous veggie/vegan menu offering. I have a feeling it may have been soup and salad with GF bread, which I admit doesn't sound fancy but equally, if the flavours were all good, soup/salad/green beans/mashed potatoes is totally something I would put together. Somewhere along the lines of 'hi, I am eating so healthy. And now I also have a plate of all the carbs. And this is a balanced holiday meal.'

I can say that the service was lovely and the fact that I had to order off menu was no trouble! We would eat there again if staying in or near POR.
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

We ate there with friends last year and all enjoyed it. It helped that we got a really good annual pass discount as part of the anniversary celebration but thought it was very reasonable for the food quality compared to many onsite places anyway.

No vegetarians with us but they did provide an adult portion of nice mac and cheese for a fussy 14 year old.
Old 2 May 18, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for all your replies - much appreciated.
We are staying at POR so thought it would be convenient for the second night when we can get a nearby evening meal and go to bed earlyish ready to start early the next morning.
It's a shame as looking at the Unofficial Port Orleans website they used to do a couple of veggie options on the menu but they have been taken off.
Hopefully if we just turn up it'll be ok.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 18, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I’m sure POR has veggie options too. Pretty much anywhere will. What about pizza or create your own pasta?

Don’t forget in the US the customer is king - ask for a veggie option and you will get one!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List