Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 11 May 18, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
undercovermouse
Helping Mickey

Mobile Android mobile version problem

Hi
In Mobile mode, for the last week when browsing on my Xperia phone the 'focus' is being lost to page links e.g. I will choose one link thread but it clicks on the thread above. Only the dibb seems affected so far, it is really frustrating and I wondered if anyone else is having the same problem? Typing on the keyboard isn't affected i.e.the letters I aim for work fine. Restarting the phone doesnt fix the problem. I'm wondering if it is the Ads causing the issue. I will use desktop mode for the time being, but any advice would be appreciated
Many thanks
undercovermouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
AlexE
Imagineer

AlexE's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

I have a similar problem over the last few days. Only while using the ribbon but on my kindle fire. I cannot always select a thread to read - - it either doesn't highlight a thread so doesn't open or it opens a thread or ad above. All very strange and frustrating. Again it isn't rectified by closing everything down and restarting.
Anyone else have similar issues and managed to solve?
Old 11 May 18, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes me, just upgraded phone ( saturday) always had android ,with no issues, but i am getting frustrated at the mo. Havent tried my tablet.
Old 11 May 18, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I reported this to Stu about a week or so ago. It’s driving me mad and nearly making the Dibb unusable on my phone. I keep posting in the wrong threads, having to delete and try to reselect the correct one.
The Dibb is the only website on my phone with this problem.
Never an issue until maybe 2 weeks or so ago.
Hopefully the tech gurus are working on it...

Edited at 11:05 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I also have a brand new Android phone. The previous thread has come up a few times but I thought I had just hit the wrong one until I read this. It has only happened less than 5% of the time.
Old 12 May 18, 06:03 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

There is another thread on this ... I had that problem. For me, phone restart solved it.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Strange I read the other thread but I'm on Android and mine has been fine. Hopefully they'll sort it soon.
Old 12 May 18, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Tried the restart to no avail. Even cleared cookies ,with a glass of milk, that didnt work neither
Old 12 May 18, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Phone restarts won’t solve it.
I’ve done extensive testing.
Strangely it only affects certain devices.
For example, it doesn’t do it on a Galaxy S7 Chrome, but it does it on my Google Pixel 2 Chrome.
It only does it when viewing Dibb site in phone style.
100% isn’t the phone as it doesn’t do it on any other site.
I’ve also enabled developer options in my phone which then has an option to mark the screen as you touch it, to test it is detecting touch correctly.
When on Dibb, it detects where you are pressing correctly as the mark is made where you press, but another section of the screen is actually selected.
I too am wondering if it’s something to do with the ads, as the screen seems to jump a bit as the ads load in. And I’m on a 50 meg broadband connection at home.
Something changed a few weeks ago that caused it, but it is very odd indeed that out of the hundreds of sites and other forums I look at, only Dibb is affected.
Old 12 May 18, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Unfortunately I have been in Florida for 2 weeks and was met at the airport with totally devastating news. My sisters husband suddenly died with no warning at all on the day we left Florida. So I have been with my sister since. I have very little time to look into issues at the moment but I have just made a quick change to see if it alters things.

I use iPhones and only have an older Android device which is fine. I believe that Google have made some changes to Chrome on Android recently. Nothing changed on theDIBB it is a change in the way Chrome renders the page.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List