Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 21 May 18, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Pink_Fairy_Dust
Very Serious Dibber

No availability - is there any point waiting for a bit?

I'm not sure if there will be any availability left by now for our dates renting DVC points, if there isn't anything currently available is it worth waiting for a bit or should we just look into booking something else - we aren't going until Dec (18th-21st Dec)
Pink_Fairy_Dust is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

DVC isn't the best choice for last minute bookings so the advice would be to book sooner rather than later. The longer you leave it the less availability there will be. December (up to Christmas) is a very popular time for members as the points are relatively low.
fudgie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Pink_Fairy_Dust
Very Serious Dibber

Unfortunately it does look like I have waited too long and there is no studio availability, does availability every come up later?
Pink_Fairy_Dust is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

It does as members can cancel reservations without penalty at any time up to 30 days before check-in. But members can also waitlist a reservation which will (or should be) automatically allocated to them if a room becomes available. This would make it more difficult for a renter to pick up a cancelled slot, especially at more popular times.

Do you know for sure whether your chosen resort is fully booked?
fudgie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Pink_Fairy_Dust
Very Serious Dibber

Ah ok that makes sense, I won't wait around expecting availability to appear then :-(

Yes, the DVC rental store told us there is no availability in a studio
Old 21 May 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

If you can stretch to a 1-bed there's usually more availability. They are lovely rooms with loads of space and amenities
Old 22 May 18, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

As a renter you are unlikely to get anything at peak DVC time when there is no availability.
Unless you go for a 1 bed.
Unfortunately if you want a studio at those times, you need to be booking at least 7 months and preferably 11 months out.
Old 23 May 18, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Pink_Fairy_Dust
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for replies, so my update is that the DVC rental got back to us again and there is availability for Savannah View at Kidani but silly me it turns out had clicked that I need a wheelchair accessible room (I don't!) and they said we won't be able to change it. We have the reservation and when loaded into MyDisneyExp it does say it is an accessible room roll in shower.

We were going to ask them if we could put in a room request fora room close to the lobby anyway, can't we just ask them to correct the accessibility requirement? I know the baths aren't that great in a lot of Disney rooms anyway but we have no need of a wet room etc and I'm probs doing someone out of one that does, eek! I have sausage fingers!

Has anyone stayed in an accessible studio, are they very different from a standard room?
Old 24 May 18, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

We had one night in an accessible studio at Jambo House about 8 years ago. I remember that when using the roll-in shower, the bathroom floor was swimming with water which came out under the door into the kitchen area.

Because we were only there for one night we didn't ask to move but I wouldn't choose to stay in another accessible room if I didn't need it.

Sorry if it's not what you want to hear
Old 24 May 18, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

If you YouTube it you will see people in them. Water shouldn't come out of the door !