Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 1 Jun 18, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
soarintothemax
Getting Excited

Great help from Thomas Cook Assistance

Just called TC special assistance today as our DS has autism and I was looking for help on a flight next year.

They've booked seats for our family of 4 at no charge and noted on the flight record that DS is a passenger with a disability. Gatwick apparently provide a lanyard at the Special Assistance desk and will assist through the security lanes.

I know others have had good experiences with TC but wanted to give a shout out the no hassle service from Susie there.

All I did was explain about the autism and ask what assistance they could give.
soarintothemax is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

That's very good service, make sure you do get the lanyard we got one from Manchester Airport for our daughter who has autism and it discreetly let's staff be aware the person wearing it has a hidden disability, it will get you free fast track security and also when you land at the airport on your return it gets you fast track immigration. I've also read on here people have had the lanyard recognised at mco Airport and used the special assistance line at immigration.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
soarintothemax
Getting Excited

Thank you, we will wear the lanyard. At mco. I've just contacted them and they've said the following

Hi Jo, thanks for reaching out to us. In regards to your trip, these would be the steps to be followed:
Please send us your names, the name of your airline, date & time of arrival and your flight number. We will forward that information to US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and to the appropriate Station Manager for your airline. On your arrival please approach one of our Airport Ambassadors (they wear black slacks or skirts, white shirts and gold vests); advise them of your concerns & they will lead you & your family to a special lane to expedite your processing.
Also, please make sure you have made your airline aware of your special needs requests (contact their toll free number before you travel).
On your return flight, The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has a special program in place (TSA Cares) that assists guests flying out that need assistance. It is a wonderful program; if you contact them about your trip home in advance, (whenever that might be) it will make your trip home stress free as possible.
TSA CARES is a toll-free help line (1-855-787-2227) available for passengers with disabilities, medical conditions and other special circumstances to get the latest information on screening. You may call from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Eastern Standard Time Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. on weekends and holidays. Communicate information about you & your family’s specific needs at least 72 hours in advance of airport arrival to allow TSA to prepare for individual requirements at the US airports you will be departing
soarintothemax is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 18, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Beanie1
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by soarintothemax View Post
Thank you, we will wear the lanyard. At mco. I've just contacted them and they've said the following

Hi Jo, thanks for reaching out to us. In regards to your trip, these would be the steps to be followed:
Please send us your names, the name of your airline, date & time of arrival and your flight number. We will forward that information to US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and to the appropriate Station Manager for your airline. On your arrival please approach one of our Airport Ambassadors (they wear black slacks or skirts, white shirts and gold vests); advise them of your concerns & they will lead you & your family to a special lane to expedite your processing.
Also, please make sure you have made your airline aware of your special needs requests (contact their toll free number before you travel).
On your return flight, The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has a special program in place (TSA Cares) that assists guests flying out that need assistance. It is a wonderful program; if you contact them about your trip home in advance, (whenever that might be) it will make your trip home stress free as possible.
TSA CARES is a toll-free help line (1-855-787-2227) available for passengers with disabilities, medical conditions and other special circumstances to get the latest information on screening. You may call from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Eastern Standard Time Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. on weekends and holidays. Communicate information about you & your family’s specific needs at least 72 hours in advance of airport arrival to allow TSA to prepare for individual requirements at the US airports you will be departing
This is really helpful, thank you. Can you tell me who you contacted at MCO?
Beanie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 18, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by soarintothemax View Post

Sounds like they can provide all the help you need for your child... one less thing to worry about 👍
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

Can I please ask what telephone number you used to call Thomas Cook?

Thanks!
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Ferb
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Manny Haines View Post
Can I please ask what telephone number you used to call Thomas Cook?

Thanks!
I've just called thomas cook special assistance on 0800 1073 409. Spoke to Sam who was really helpful.
Ferb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

Thank you very much.
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 18, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
soarintothemax
Getting Excited

Beanie1 I just tweeted MCO via a direct message and they sent back the above. I guess I use the same method to contact them with our details nearer the flight.if anyone does this before I go in July 2019, it would be great to hear how they get on!

If you don't use twitter, I reckon you could just find the MCO e-mail address and start there.
Old 5 Jun 18, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Thats brilliant, when do you travel? I spoke to Tui and they were useless😣 said they could nt book seats as it was to early, we go next sept
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List