Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 9 Jun 18, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

Mobile

I always do a wash halfway through our hols wherever we are. If there are no self-wash facilities in the hotel I find the nearest laundromat and trek three with my smalls! Takes a couple of hours out of my trip but keeps me sane! Can’t bear the thought of 14 days worth of worn clothes in my room.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Willeve View Post
I always do a wash halfway through our hols wherever we are. If there are no self-wash facilities in the hotel I find the nearest laundromat and trek three with my smalls! Takes a couple of hours out of my trip but keeps me sane! Can’t bear the thought of 14 days worth of worn clothes in my room.
... nor all the washing when you get back. Lol! We do the same but drop off and collect later.
Old 9 Jun 18, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

We travel light and a laundry room is on my accommodation checklist. All-suite hotels tend to have one, and apartments/holiday homes do too.
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 06:05 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everyone - sadly all of my accommodation is booked and paid for (I went for hotels that lots on here recommended, but at the time didn’t think of laundry in the equation, I didn’t really give it any thought before, and presumed there would be something in the hotel - I forget how everywhere isn’t like DVC! Lol!)

I think we will take enough stuff for 9/10 days, wash some clothes after 4 days in the one that does have facilities, and then I’ve found a place in Boston where you can drop off the laundry before 8.30am and collect it washed, dried and ironed after 5pm. The place is an easy walk from our hotel and is on the way to where we’d be going anyway. They charge by the pound, so not sure if that will work out cheap or expensive? ! (the reviews make it sound as though it’s a cheaper option than hotel services and not gurgle expensive compared to ‘wasting’ time doing it yourself - I’ve just never weighed clothes to know! Lol!)
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Thanks everyone - sadly all of my accommodation is booked and paid for (I went for hotels that lots on here recommended, but at the time didn’t think of laundry in the equation, I didn’t really give it any thought before, and presumed there would be something in the hotel - I forget how everywhere isn’t like DVC! Lol!)

I think we will take enough stuff for 9/10 days, wash some clothes after 4 days in the one that does have facilities, and then I’ve found a place in Boston where you can drop off the laundry before 8.30am and collect it washed, dried and ironed after 5pm. The place is an easy walk from our hotel and is on the way to where we’d be going anyway. They charge by the pound, so not sure if that will work out cheap or expensive? ! (the reviews make it sound as though it’s a cheaper option than hotel services and not gurgle expensive compared to ‘wasting’ time doing it yourself - I’ve just never weighed clothes to know! Lol!)
Expensive in my experience, there’s a similar place over the road from our hotel in Vegas that does this.. We went and asked, I can’t remember the exact figure but it was something like $3lb per 1lb ..

Costs me less than $20 at the laundromat to wash and dry it all.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 18, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
tonigary
Imagineer

I also google laudromates when away, I love talking to the locals, if they hear you talking they love to talk to you. One even said they love my haircut, and they proceeded to ask where from, I said England, she couldnt stop laughing.
Their washer and dryers dont take long, adds to the fun

Toni
tonigary is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List