Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 5 Jun 18, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jmt
Apprentice Imagineer

Question Tickets - paper/card or electronic

Hi all,

Just booking a late holiday and need to buy DS and girlfriend 2 x Ulimate Disney tickets. I've had a look at a couple of older threads and someone posted about a free magic band buying direct from Disney.

The last time I bought any Disney tickets, it must be over 10 years ago, they were a credit card sized version with the characters on the back.

If I buy any tickets from the advertisers on here or using disneyholidays/walt...world/tickets/ are these actual tickets like previous or an email confirmation?

Last year (we were hit by Irma) my son decided two days after we arrived that he wanted to go into Universal so we bought from one of the Dibb advertisers and he just showed the email confirmation to guest services the next day.

If we need actual tickets posting to our home address I don't want to leave it too long, but would prefer to get the flights confirmed first.

Many thanks
jmt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 18, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jmt View Post
Hi all,

Just booking a late holiday and need to buy DS and girlfriend 2 x Ulimate Disney tickets. I've had a look at a couple of older threads and someone posted about a free magic band buying direct from Disney.

The last time I bought any Disney tickets, it must be over 10 years ago, they were a credit card sized version with the characters on the back.

If I buy any tickets from the advertisers on here or using disneyholidays/walt...world/tickets/ are these actual tickets like previous or an email confirmation?

Last year (we were hit by Irma) my son decided two days after we arrived that he wanted to go into Universal so we bought from one of the Dibb advertisers and he just showed the email confirmation to guest services the next day.

If we need actual tickets posting to our home address I don't want to leave it too long, but would prefer to get the flights confirmed first.

Many thanks
If you want the Disney Ultimates from the companies in the yellow banner at the top of the page they normally send the credit card size tickets. Whether you could have them sent by email I am not 100% sure, maybe someone else will know. If you are buying the Disney 14 Day Ultimate ticket I think the cheapest at the moment is from orlandoattractiontickets.co.uk £350 adult, £330 child, using the code mse5. Link below.

orlandoattractiontickets...ltimate-Ticket

With Disney I think you have a choice of the actual tickets or having them sent by email, but again I am not 100% sure on this. You could try phoning them on their freephone number 0800 16 90 730.
Old 5 Jun 18, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jmt
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks lyn1, I'll give Disney a call tomorrow.

I'm not sure my 21yr old DS and his girlfriend want Toy Story bands, but think they'll need MagicBands as there is no faff with tickets getting wet!
jmt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 18, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Thanks lyn1, I'll give Disney a call tomorrow.

I'm not sure my 21yr old DS and his girlfriend want Toy Story bands, but think they'll need MagicBands as there is no faff with tickets getting wet!
You're welcome.

I wanted the Toy Story band but because I had already booked my package which included the free breakfast, I couldn't have it. They said I would have to cancel my booking and re-book, only thing is I would lose the free breakfast so not worth it.

It's a good offer for anyone booking their tickets now though. Good luck.
Old 5 Jun 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
jmt
Apprentice Imagineer

Lyn1 - as we're off within the next 3 weeks, if I do end up with two Toy Story bands I'll bring one home as I think it would be better to go to the outlet at Premium on arrival and buy DS or his girlfriend a different band as two the same may get mixed up. I'll let you know what happens
Old 6 Jun 18, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by lyn1 View Post
With Disney I think you have a choice of the actual tickets or having them sent by email, but again I am not 100% sure on this. You could try phoning them on their freephone number 0800 16 90 730.
You will only get a Confirmation Email if you buy a ticket from Disney's website. They don't send out actual tickets any more.

Regarding the offer of the free MagicBand, you'll be sent a voucher for this and have to pick this up at the World of Disney store at Disney Springs in Orlando. You won't be sent the free MagicBand (nor a ticket) in the post.

The tickets are all plastic now. So getting the tickets wet isn't a problem - they won't get damaged.

Storing the tickets somewhere is more of an issue. MagicBands are more handy because they just go around your wrist.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 12:39 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
You will only get a Confirmation Email if you buy a ticket from Disney's website. They don't send out actual tickets any more.
Thanks Nimbus, I wasn't sure whether they still sent the tickets or not.
Old 12 Jun 18, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

If you book with Disney can the confirmation email be used to link to MDE so you can book fast passes?
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 03:26 AM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandonewbie View Post
If you book with Disney can the confirmation email be used to link to MDE so you can book fast passes?
I think so, it says the following in question 3 in the link below.

How can I link my e-ticket in My Disney Experience?

You can use your e-ticket reference number located under the barcode of your 'Will Call' ticket voucher to link your tickets in My Disney Experience.

disneyholidays/walt...my-magic-plus/
Old 13 Jun 18, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by orlandonewbie View Post
Yes. You use the number underneath the barcode in the email to link to MDE.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List