Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 6 Jun 18, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
whiteswan
Imagineer

whiteswan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Special Assistance at TUI - Email anyone ?

Hi

We fly next Tuesday on TOM122 from Manchester - only booked a few days ago.

I rang special assistance before I booked to request bulkhead seats as I do with Virgin every single year.

I spoke to a lovely chap who said yes he could reserve me 2 and that I should ring back with my booking reference.

So this I did - but on calling back spoke to a lady who said this is not possible and that I would have to pay if I wanted seats with more leg room - however I am unable to do this on my booking when I log in as none are showing as available.

I explained to the lady that I had called previously and she said the chap was wrong in what he was saying.

I called back the next day and met with a similar response - they said they would request wheelchair to get on plane but could do nothing about the seating.

I'm a bit lost now - I fully understand that if there is babys on board that require bulkhead they get priority - but why do TUI not have welfare seating - does anybody have an email address for them please ?

Dave
whiteswan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Can't help with the email but we were able to book bulkhead for my wife when we flew to Jamaica a few years back so it could be done then. If possible I'd pop in to a TUI store and see if they can sort it even if you booked online
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Galela1986
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We were told for our August flights they would book free seats together but couldn’t have extra leg room seats unless we paid for them.
Galela1986 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
whiteswan
Imagineer

whiteswan's Reviews
Originally Posted by Galela1986 View Post
We were told for our August flights they would book free seats together but couldn’t have extra leg room seats unless we paid for them.
It's crazy - never had this problem with Virgin - or even last June with TUI ?

Dave
whiteswan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

We were told we would have to pay extra if we wanted extra leg room! Also i couldng book yet they told me it was to early, yet when i asked about extra leg room they said if i went into a Tui shop once i paid extra i could then receive my seat numbers! Think ig does depend who you get i am going to wait a big longer and phone again,but if there is an email address out there i could try that
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyExplorer
Imagineer

I am paralysed . Fly with tui each year and have to pay to book the seats I need, didn’t need to do that with Thomas cook years ago but prefer tui so just pay and treat as part of the holiday

Booked right on release for 2019 and row 1 already gone
Old 10 Jun 18, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
whiteswan
Imagineer

whiteswan's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyExplorer View Post
I am paralysed . Fly with tui each year and have to pay to book the seats I need, didn’t need to do that with Thomas cook years ago but prefer tui so just pay and treat as part of the holiday

Booked right on release for 2019 and row 1 already gone
Personally I think that's awful service - I will see how I get on at airport on Tuesday morning - I sent an email but did not get a reply.

Dave
Old 10 Jun 18, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by whiteswan View Post
Personally I think that's awful service - I will see how I get on at airport on Tuesday morning - I sent an email but did not get a reply.

Dave
Let us know how you go on and have a great holiday
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
whiteswan
Imagineer

whiteswan's Reviews
Hi

I had a reply from their facebook page - they said to call the special assistance number - which I had already done...……..so I will see what happens at airport.

Dave
Old 11 Jun 18, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Fingers crossed then. When i rang them they just made a note on the booking but couldn't book seats as it was to far out! Will give them another ring after xmas as we do have a while before we go. Anyway have a good holiday