Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jun 18, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
paul2020uk
Getting Excited

Thanks guys, a mixed bag. But lots of positive responses so we're going to hang fire, maybe get a last minute bargain.
paul2020uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
MurrayBear
Getting Excited

Mobile

Last minute bargain would be good. That way you will know how baby and mum are feeling.

Was also thinking if you did decide to wait a month or two, the weather would be a good bit cooler which would be easier.
MurrayBear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
maznorm
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

DO IT! We took our 15 month old ds and our 13 week old Dd. It is, by far, the easiest trip we have ever done with kids. Get a sky cot. Greatest invention ever! Encourage your baby to have room temp or cold formula if bottle feeding. We also had cool damp flannels to put in their heads to keep them cool. Even if you are not using a dummy, it’s a good idea to use one for take off and landing just in case the baby doesn’t want to feed. The only time we have used one is for the flights. Be aware most Disney restaurants request you leave strollers outside while you eat. This caused us some issues as dd was often asleep. If we had had our at Home stroller we could have Just unclipped her car seat and carried her in.
maznorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DinkySlinky
Helping Donald

Another positive experience from us oo. Travelling was great, flight stewards were great bring us meals at separate times to look after dd so no problems on flights. Airports were fine too.

Parks were pretty easy too. We took a sheepskin to line pram with to keep her cool. Can’t really remember much about dining out with her but do remembering having to lift her out of pram on Disney buses.

I would def take nappies and formula as pricey.
DinkySlinky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
A million percent yes. We took our 13 week old in January and it was an amazing trip. I have written a tippy of you want to have a flick through.

My only fear would be that the baby could be suffering with colic at that age but ours got past all that at 8 weeks.

Edited at 06:53 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Eloise73
Getting Excited

Mobile

I think going with a baby is relatively easy - well as easy as going anywhere else with a baby.

My concern at 10 weeks is that they won’t have had their immunisations by then and there are so many reckless people nowadays not vaccinating their kids that I would be wary of putting my baby in a potentially risky environment health wise. After the 12 and 16 week vaccinations I’d feel much better about travelling.
Disney Magic Northern Europe - Summer 2022, Disney Magic Staycation, Tilbury - 2021, 2019 - WDW POFQ and Lake Berkley Resort , 2015 - DLP Cheyenne Hotel, 2012 - DLP Hotel L'Elysee, 2010 - DLP Hotel New York, 2008 - DLP Santa Fe, 2006 - WDW AKL and POFQ and offsite at Indian Ridge,, 2005 - WDW Offsite Windward Cay
Eloise73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post

We took DD2 at 4 months last year. She had her first 2 sets of vaccinations and I spoke to the GP to confirm that they were happy for her to travel without the 16 week boosters. It was fairly easy because she was so small. I think it was nice for her to be a little bigger though and starting to interact with stuff. It was definitely easier at 4 months than 8 months when she was crawling, pulling up on all of the furniture and needed allergy friendly solid food!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We took out youngest dd when she was 12 weeks. It was pretty easy and I’d do it again. But I do agree it depends on the baby so a late booking might be prudent.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

When ds2 was 10 weeks, it would have been a breeze. When ds1 was 10 weeks I'd had a bit of a bad time of it and struggled to walk 100 yards. Because you don't know what birth you'll get, I think planning, but waiting to book until last minute is the perfect solution.

The vaccination programme is a very valid consideration though - maybe check how soon you can have them and whether they offer instant protection or if it takes a few days. I don't know much about the actual vaccinations, other than immunity to death from disease is a pretty handy thing to have!

ETA - Hope everything goes really well for you - just realised that you must be getting pretty close to your due date!

Edited at 09:17 PM.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’d definitely take a 10 week old. Admittedly I think I would have struggled first time round, second time round knowing what babies are like i’d Have been fine. Plane ride would be a breeze as 10 week old would feed and sleep. If you are bf it will be incredibly easy.
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List