Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jun 18, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

another vote for TC cant fault it really, get you from A to B in relative (as good as economy gets imo) comfort

yes you have to upgrade for decent IFE and pay for drinks but its hardly a deal breaker, found the seats if anything better than virgin

we saved about 700 same flight day/accomodation over virgin
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

We have flown a number of times with then and have found the seats to be roomy even in cattle class. We paid extra to upgrade the entertainment on the way out but didn't bother on the way back as we tried to snooze. Food is good for airline food and the staff were very good with me when I was unwell. Nothing to do with the flight mind you, I was just suffering with a pre existing condition.
clanmacbeath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

We had the same worries last year flying with TC for the 1st time but they were very good.
I'm 6'3" and found the leg room to be quite generous.
Food was also good as well.
IFE isn't great with few choices but I use my tablet so not an issue for me.
Booked again with them for this year 😀
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
disneymummy
VIP Dibber

disneymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Just went to see what their prices are like and noticed they don’t fly out of Manchester in Feb. looking like indirect again.

Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

I Drive 1990, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2004
POFQ 2007, 2012, 2015 & 2020
Old Key West 2014.
Yacht Club August 2017 & 2022
Walt Disney Dolphin 2024

New York 2000, Las Vegas 2003
disneymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch73
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 766 View Post
We are booked on a Manchester to Orlando flight with TC in just over three weeks.
The food is overseen by James Martin and is supposed to be very good.
We fly in just over 3 weeks with them as well, I booked our flights last March as we love TC and wouldn't go with anyone else (unless there was a major saving to be had).

The food was lovely last time (although it was 4 years ago it was still James Martin), I'm a large lady and had plenty of room and didn't feel cramped. I'm only 5'4" so plenty of leg room but DH is nearly 6' and he didn't feel cramped.

OP don't worry, you'll be fine on TC.

WDW - 2005, 2010, 2014, 2018
DLP - 2008, 2009,2017
DLC - 2020, 2023,
Stitch73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stitch73 View Post
We fly in just over 3 weeks with them as well, I booked our flights last March as we love TC and wouldn't go with anyone else (unless there was a major saving to be had).

The food was lovely last time (although it was 4 years ago it was still James Martin), I'm a large lady and had plenty of room and didn't feel cramped. I'm only 5'4" so plenty of leg room but DH is nearly 6' and he didn't feel cramped.
OP don't worry, you'll be fine on TC.
Are you on the 11.00 from Manchester on 7th July?

Proud DVC owner since 2007
I own at Animal Kingdom Villas and Bay Lake Tower
Tinkerbell 766 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Flown both Virgin and TC and they’re near-identical in terms of staff service and plane quality.

In TC economy you have to buy extra drinks and snacks but for 40% less than Virgin that’s a sacrifice I’m happy to make... plus it means you can actually get the drinks you want before the flight other than hot drinks.

You also have to pay £5 for extra movies. Virgin have more choice but it’s 2018 and most people have tablets and laptops with better screens and more if your own choice anyway.

Disney Land... Disney Land Paris
May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I've flown with them from Glasgow had no issues at all but then I'd fly Mickey Mouse Airways if the price is right when it's an extra bonus trip
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
RickyRaccoon
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

we booked our flights with TC directly last week for end of August. I have to say that no other airline or Skyscanner/hopper/Expedia came close to the price we paid. So reading all this positive feedback I’m feeling happy.
RickyRaccoon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RickyRaccoon View Post
we booked our flights with TC directly last week for end of August. I have to say that no other airline or Skyscanner/hopper/Expedia came close to the price we paid. So reading all this positive feedback I’m feeling happy.
Same here, started looking at flights just over a week ago and Thomas Cook were coming out over what I’d priced up with TUI. So we’d settled on booking with TUI to Sanford from East Midlands (we live in Nottingham,) as we’re planning to book this weekend, I went checking again last night and Thomas Cook are now £255 cheaper than TUI flying from Manchester but into MCO, our preferred airport.

I have been reading this thread since last night because of the above but also because I love flying Virgin, so it’s good to know that there isn’t much difference. Virgin want £800 more for the same date on the same route, so if I need to get my own drinks and pay £6 for IFE, that’s not a big issue.
Bolto6 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List