Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 Jun 18, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
SRB-93
Trying for More Ears

Flights Query.

Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience of flying to Orlando via LHR-JFK-MCO with Virgin/Delta?
Understandably at our connection in JFK (US First Point of Entry) we will need to clear immigration/security, reclaim and recheck Bags in customs for our internal flight from JFK-MCO. But will we need to re-do immigration/security once we land in Orlando?

Thanks

Edited at 11:21 AM.
SRB-93 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

You only do immigration on the first landing. JFK-MCO will be an internal flight.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
SRB-93
Trying for More Ears

Thanks,

Do you happen to know if we will need to pick our luggage up in the main terminal or have have and option of getting it before the Monorail?
SRB-93 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We've done this and I can't remember - but it was a v quick process. We had also done online check in for car hire so straight to the garage. I just wanted to say keep an eye on your flight times (for time changes), we had flights booked Glasgow via jfk to tampa Delta, booked through Virgin. They changed the times several times, sometimes not informing us. We finally got another change of time, with 1hr and 5 mins at jfk! I phoned virgin who agreed we would not make it so ended up cancelling these. By this time there were not any bargains left so am paying probably full price with flights we rebooked. Still Delta, but direct booked with them, Glasgow via jfk into mco. 5 hrs at jfk which dh is not happy about but we should make the connection
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
SRB-93
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by MinniMouse View Post
We've done this and I can't remember - but it was a v quick process. We had also done online check in for car hire so straight to the garage. I just wanted to say keep an eye on your flight times (for time changes), we had flights booked Glasgow via jfk to tampa Delta, booked through Virgin. They changed the times several times, sometimes not informing us. We finally got another change of time, with 1hr and 5 mins at jfk! I phoned virgin who agreed we would not make it so ended up cancelling these. By this time there were not any bargains left so am paying probably full price with flights we rebooked. Still Delta, but direct booked with them, Glasgow via jfk into mco. 5 hrs at jfk which dh is not happy about but we should make the connection
That must of been quite stressful! We have a 3:25HR layover in JFK so plenty of time for the connection, fingers crossed everything goes well.

I've got our car hired with Avis Preferred, so should just be able to walk over to the garage in MCO and drive straight out.
Old 14 Jun 18, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post

There is no baggage carousel in the domestic terminal; you just take the monorail and go to the main luggage hall. Check signs to see whether you are A or B side to collect bags.

No Customs or Immigration to do.

Have a good trip.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
SRB-93
Trying for More Ears

Delta going from JFK-MCO which is supposedly B side.