Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 15 Jun 18, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Price of Washington DC hotel rooms ?

I'm looking at potentially 6th to 10th April 2019

I knew the hotels would be dear but I can't see anything really central for less than £250 a night. I was hoping to be walking distance of the centre.

What areas should I be looking at ? We don't mind a walk , obviously somewhere safe and somewhere with easy access to and from the airport.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We are going next month and following advice from dibbers and a friend who lives in DC, we decided to stay in Arlington near The Pentagon. We are 5 mins walk from a metro station and a shopping mall with restaurants etc, and it meant the room came within our budget at £165 a night. That’s for a 2 bedroom 2 bedroom suite inc breakfast, WiFi etc as we are a party of 5 (inc 3 teens) so for us the extra space plus breakfast made the 10 min metro ride well worth it. Also the hotel (Residence Inn Pentagon City) includes a free airport shuttle which is handy.
Old 15 Jun 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We stayed in Rosslyn which is a couple of stops on the subway from the main sites. It’s walking distance to Georgetown and whilst it’s a mainly a business area there are a few bars, fast food places and convienience stores.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Just noticed you are doing the same trip that we are next year! Are you doing a trip report? What do you have planned for the smokey mountains?
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Olympiad
slightly serious Dibber

You might find that prices fall closer to the time.

We're in DC early August and when we first looked (and booked) about 9 months ago we had a room at £250 a night for 3 nights.
Over the past 2-3 months prices have fallen and I've cancelled and rebooked twice. First time in the same hotel (Hyatt Place Georgetown) for £170 a night and just recently in a different (and better) hotel, the Fairmont, for £140 a night and is walking distance to White House, Georgetown, the Mall etc.

Of course very much depends on demand and not sure how busy April is, so suggest finding somewhere that you're Ok with (possible out of town as suggested above) and just keep checking.

Edited at 12:10 PM.
Olympiad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
AlexE
Imagineer

AlexE's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We left Washington last week and stayed at the State Plaza in Foggy Bottom. We paid just over £700 for 5 nights. Short walk from Lincoln memorial and white house but we also walked to museums and the Smithsonian castle. We were very happy with the location of the hotel and their happy hour

We did have a 2-day big bus tour which allowed us to go to the zoo and Arlington. Everything else was walkable.

I did book the Grand hyatt originally but so glad we changed- it saved us £300. I booked through Quidco using either booking.com or hotels.com on a refundable basis and changed when the rate went down.

Edited at 05:43 PM.
AlexE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
paulaandhappy
Very Serious Dibber

We are staying in the State Plaza in September nice to know it is good hotel managed to get 3 nights through Expedia for total of £247 so happy with that
:pop:June 06 Imperial swan, Aug 07 Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando, Aug 08 Crowne Plaza Universal, Feb 09Fairfield Inn & Suites Int Dr,Nov 09 Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando Convention Centre Universal Boulevard, Sept 10 Homewood Suites Sept 11 Extended Stay Deluxe Universal BoulevardFeb 12 Homewood Suites Int DriveFeb 13 Comfort Inn & Suites Canada Ave Feb 2014 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando Aug 2014 Enclave Suites Feb 2016 Comfort Inn and Suites Canada Ave April 2017 AllStars Music&Staysky Suites
paulaandhappy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Is early April during the cherry blossom season? I've heard that's a peak price time for hotels then.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by AlexE View Post
We left Washington last week and stayed at the State Plaza in Foggy Bottom. We paid just over £700 for 5 nights. Short walk from Lincoln memorial and white house but we also walked to museums and the Smithsonian castle. We were very happy with the location of the hotel and their happy hour

We did have a 2-day big bus tour which allowed us to go to the zoo and Arlington. Everything else was walkable.

I did book the Grand hyatt originally but so glad we changed- it saved us £300. I booked through Quidco using either booking.com or hotels.com on a refundable basis and changed when the rate went down.
we are staying here from 31st Aug until 4th Sep and the four nights were £321. With DC hotels the price fluctuates all the time so keep checking. Anywhere near a metro and you will be fine as they transport system is excellent. We stayed on Embassy Row a few years ago and it was also less than £100 a night. I find the hotels much cheaper and better standard than in London.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

I've discovered that our first 2 nights (Saturday & Sunday) are significantly cheaper than the Monday & Tuesday which might mean the prices are business demand related ?

I'm only just preliminary planning - it all depends on getting multi city flights and at the moment they just seem to be double the price of a single city return.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List