Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 17 Jun 18, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
knads2012
Apprentice Imagineer

knads2012's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4
A week in August, can anyone recommend a holiday park in Cornwall?

Hi Dibbers,

As title suggests, can anyone recommend a holiday park, caravan park in Cornwall?

There are 4 of us, 2 ad, 9yo DS and 3yo DD.

TIA!
Karen.x
knads2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

hendra-holidays/

We had a lovely few days at Hendra in Newquay about 3 years ago. Managed to somehow get it via the Sun in the July , but you wont get that in August , wont be cheap , but nothing is in August !
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

The Park at Mawgan Porth. It won't come cheap in August but we had a great time there.
Old 17 Jun 18, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post

We tend to prefer lodges - so much choice there i guess it depends what you want and whether you are keen to be right by the sea.

We have stayed both in Hengar Manor (nearer the Bodmin end) and at Riverside (near Newquay). Both suited us as we didnt necessarily want sand. Riverside smaller and quieter overall my preference I think. No massive evening entertainment.

(It is just behind Hendra )

Lastly not booked in Cornwall - but have booked elsewhere esp last minute deals with directholidayhomes. You will deal with the owners direct so there can be a deal to be done. As with everything direct booking do a bit of checking out first if you can !

Happy hunting.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
knads2012
Apprentice Imagineer

knads2012's Reviews
Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
hendra-holidays/

We had a lovely few days at Hendra in Newquay about 3 years ago. Managed to somehow get it via the Sun in the July , but you wont get that in August , wont be cheap , but nothing is in August !
Thanks - I’ll check it out 😊
K.x

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
The Park at Mawgan Porth. It won't come cheap in August but we had a great time there.
Thanks - I’ll check this one out too 😊
K.x

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
We tend to prefer lodges - so much choice there i guess it depends what you want and whether you are keen to be right by the sea.

We have stayed both in Hengar Manor (nearer the Bodmin end) and at Riverside (near Newquay). Both suited us as we didnt necessarily want sand. Riverside smaller and quieter overall my preference I think. No massive evening entertainment.

(It is just behind Hendra )

Lastly not booked in Cornwall - but have booked elsewhere esp last minute deals with directholidayhomes. You will deal with the owners direct so there can be a deal to be done. As with everything direct booking do a bit of checking out first if you can !

Happy hunting.
Thank you - yes, we would like to be near the sea if possible but not too concerned about serious night life so hadn’t really considered Newquay...
Direct Holiday Homes is a website that I’d been recommended before so will take a look.
Thanks again!
Karen. X
knads2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 06:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
slightly serious Dibber

Sea Acres; small park, “plain” pool (no slides) and a bit of a trek as it’s The Lizard but my goodness, what a beautiful part of Cornwall. Some great walks, beach near by, quite a few of the vans have sea views and there is a quiet beach very close by.
DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed at the Hendra and was very impressed x
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018 , Cabana Bay August 2019, Enclave Suites Feb 2020, Doubletree@Seaworld Feb 2022
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
knads2012
Apprentice Imagineer

knads2012's Reviews
Originally Posted by Alllovedisney View Post
Sea Acres; small park, “plain” pool (no slides) and a bit of a trek as it’s The Lizard but my goodness, what a beautiful part of Cornwall. Some great walks, beach near by, quite a few of the vans have sea views and there is a quiet beach very close by.
That sounds good and we stayed at The Lizard many years ago and loved it ... Thanks for posting
K.x

Originally Posted by 16offtodisney! View Post
We stayed at the Hendra and was very impressed x
Thanks for posting, I'm taking a look
K.x
Old 18 Jun 18, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
simmofamily
Imagineer

Can also recommend Hendra also Trevornick
Old 18 Jun 18, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Treyarnon Bay, my parents had a caravan on there and so we spent every summer there when our boys were little. It’s very quiet no clubs etc but right on the beach.
taken a few years ago
this is the next beach along Constantine bay.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List