Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jun 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Issues with flights for March 2019 GLA- MCO Via Dublin

I posted a month ago about our flight dilema as flights that we wanted were very expensive on release. We wanted to go GLA - MCO via Dublin for a variety of reasons including meeting friends en route, who are flying DUB - MCO, also clearing imigration in Dublin also appeals to us.

We are 5 and paid £3393 for our flights via Dublin in the end at the time we could have gone via London for about £2300 but very inconvenient times and duration.

I booked through BA.com Instead of Aer Lingus direct as their was a bit of a price difference and also to collect points.

Today I receive an email confirmation stating that we have been changed to the London flights (the cheapest worst duration times)
I looked up the current prices, so the price of the flights they had bumped us on to came to £2400 and the original flights we booked had gone up to £4030... so
After many hours on the phone to BA it turns out the existing flights on the way out GLA - DUB Had been put forward in time by 35 mins and it was no longer possible to connect in time so they had changed them for that reason ... hmm. The connection time in Dublin would have been only 1hour 50 mins.

They have now changed the flights back to what they were originally.
My question is, is 1hr 50 mins long enough to connect in Dublin and clear immigration.
There is also a ryan air flight that gets in to Dublin at 9.45 am, would I be better booking this and just abandoning the original flight its only going to cost £75 + Luggage costs for the 5 of us
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

This is partly the reason we are going from Edinburgh to Dublin with Ryanair the night before. Couldn't get BA timings to work. It still worked out cheaper and better timings with AA and still get Avios.
Old 17 Jun 18, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

If you don't travel on the first leg of a booking, the rest automatically cancels.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post

ooooohh oh dear thats not good! thanks for telling me that.

Aer Lingus themselves are still selling the pair of flights as connecting so Im assuming that they think 1.50mins is ok, I may call them and try to check, Im also guessing that we will not be the only ones connecting to that flights too.
Old 17 Jun 18, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Yes its very doable once u arrive in on time... if u r delayed on first leg ur in trouble. Problem with AL is it only flies our 3/4 times a week depending on time of yr so if u miss a flight u could be a day r 2 b4 next flight. I wonder could u ring BA tell them u r not comfortable with the transfer time and see would they swap u to a flight the night b4 and book into one of our airport hotels?
Old 17 Jun 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post

ok thanks, There is an earlier flight which would be £570, I guess this is why they atempted to change us to London. The guy on the phone said several times that if I wanted to change anything after he booked me back on the original flight that I would have to pay a charge.. There is a flight the night before. There is no flight the next day to MCO if we miss it jings!
Old 17 Jun 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

1 hour 50 at dublin should be ok
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Worth another call might get someone different who could help more? Failing that fingers crossed all goes to plan!
Old 17 Jun 18, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Providing you arrive into T2 in Dublin, 1h 50m is plenty to connect and clear US customs. From what I can see the only Glasgow flight that isn't T2 is Ryanair, so that seems likely.

From the furthest gate you could arrive at in T2 it's a max of 400m and then downstairs to USCB, then a max of 400m again (T2 has 2 levels of gates, downstairs is US, upstairs everything else)

We always fly from Dublin so have never connected but I understand from others that AL are very good at getting people through in a rush if need be.

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Ok yes it is T2
Im also worried that they will just change us to London again.
Apparently they can do what they like..