Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jun 18, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Johngela13
Trainee Dibber

You have to bear in mind that TUI are a package holiday company and that it is mainly families flying i.e. not Business People. This means that almost everyone will pay the extra to select seats. Add this to the fact that almost everyone is now aware that the risk of not paying to book them may result in them not being together means that almost all the seats will go at 90 days out or sooner (extra leg room and premium can be selected at time of booking). People will take a chance on Virgin or BA as they are scheduled flights not just package hols (I know you can book TUI as flight only but the higher proportion are package). You cannot really blame the airlines for the fact that people are taking up the option to pay to book. I am flying BA this year and have not prebooked out seats as it is simply too expensive, however we are two adults so I am willing to take a chance.

HOWEVER:

I would be complaining to TUI about the fact that you have paid to select seats when there are none together - I think at the very least you deserve your money refunded.

J
Johngela13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

TUI class seated together as across the aisle and in front/behind. If they are available like that then I doubt TUI would refund.

I personally don’t like TUI’s customer service and several of their T&C’s. For those reasons I don’t book with them.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyMoose
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
TUI class seated together as across the aisle and in front/behind. If they are available like that then I doubt TUI would refund.

I personally don’t like TUI’s customer service and several of their T&C’s. For those reasons I don’t book with them.
I haven't even managed to get 4 seats together even across aisles or front/behind. Got 3 like that but not all 4.
Yes, think this will be a one timer with TUI.
MickeyMoose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MickeyMoose View Post
I haven't even managed to get 4 seats together even across aisles or front/behind. Got 3 like that but not all 4.
Yes, think this will be a one timer with TUI.
So you won’t book with TUI again because you left it too late to get seats together?
Many other groups did book seat earlier and got the seats they want.
To be fair to TUI, if you had booked the seats when they came available then chances are you would have got them together.

At the end of the day there’s only limited seats on the flight and some folks are not going to get their choice...every flight ... This flight, unfortunately it’s your group.

But look on the positive side..you are going to the happiest place on Earth. Use your energy positively and look at the great things that are coming up, not at the little glitch of seating on a plane.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
munchie63
Getting Excited

Unless they make planes longer and thinner there will never be enough window seats, extra legroom etc.
I think other issue is anyone can book 14 days out ?
But with the cost of pre booking being fairly cheap (esp v long haul flight costs) most people Do add it in.
Hopefully OP will be able to sort something out
munchie63 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

This is why we always pay. I don’t particularly like it but there you go. It’s simply how it is these days.

Fingers crossed for the OP. I think you have got a good case for a refund on face value but suspect TUI have the T&Cs wrapped up tight.

Good luck
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyMoose
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
Email or private message on Facebook? They answer PM’s much quicker so try that.
Took your advice and messaged them on Facebook. To be fair they have offered me a refund as it was booked within 24 hours so cheers for the advice.
Have to speak to the boss tonight to see what she says.
MickeyMoose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
LeedsDisneyGeek
Trying for More Ears

We have never had a problem with Tui, we pay for the extra leg room seats our agent Katie, Same girl for 6 years books our seats immediately. e.g we booked on the 13th june this month the seats were booked same day.
LeedsDisneyGeek is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
brwhy
Serious Dibber

I don’t like prepaying but tbf TUI’s cost of doing so was a lot more reasonable than BA’s so we did it and had a good choice of seats when the window opened.
brwhy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyMoose
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
So you won’t book with TUI again because you left it too late to get seats together?
Many other groups did book seat earlier and got the seats they want.
To be fair to TUI, if you had booked the seats when they came available then chances are you would have got them together.
Yep understood, my gripe is that their system happily accepts me booking allocated seating for the party even though they don't have available seats together.
Maybe they could have shown the seats available before confirmation.
Sorted now anyway i might give them another chance next year