Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 31 May 18, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post

I have just received my temporary disabled permit in the post today.

I followed the details in #169 and all went very smoothly.

As well as a very brief form to complete they required a scanned copy of my passport as well as a scanned copy of both sides of my blue badge. I was then given a phone number to call and pay the $17 fee (call took 2 minutes).

It took me a few days to get all the bits together, when I emailed it back they responded in 5 minutes giving the OK!
Typical US efficiency and customer service.

One thing to note you can't apply any more than 60 days before your travel date.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
patpluto
VIP Dibber

has anyone had any experience of renewing there us temporary parking permit within the year? i read elsewhere on the Dibb that if you renew within a year you got it free however i've just emailed Angela and she says i've to submit the forms & payment again?
patpluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

I got a second one free after 6 months but a 3rd at 11.5 months I had to pay again. I didn't argue. If you are well within the year go back to Angela and say you understood it should be free. Refer to the rules you were sent the first time if they confirm. They may not have tied the two applications together (I didn't say anything, they just emailed me to say no charge for the second one). Good luck

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
patpluto
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TGT View Post
I got a second one free after 6 months but a 3rd at 11.5 months I had to pay again. I didn't argue. If you are well within the year go back to Angela and say you understood it should be free. Refer to the rules you were sent the first time if they confirm. They may not have tied the two applications together (I didn't say anything, they just emailed me to say no charge for the second one). Good luck
i'll fill the form in and mention it again in the email i first got in in June 2018 so this one should be free but if not i'll pay it.
Thanks for letting me know you were able to renew it free of charge i was really doubting myself after getting the email back saying a renewal is treated like a new application again.
patpluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jellytots View Post
i'll fill the form in and mention it again in the email i first got in in June 2018 so this one should be free but if not i'll pay it.
Thanks for letting me know you were able to renew it free of charge i was really doubting myself after getting the email back saying a renewal is treated like a new application again.
Let us know how you get on as I am travelling again about 7 months after my last trip so would be very interested to know
Old 1 Nov 18, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

We have renewed for free within 12 months. When I emailed to arrange a new permit I advised them of my last one (less than 12 months) and gave them the permit number and valid dates.
Old 3 Nov 18, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by richard29 View Post
We have renewed for free within 12 months. When I emailed to arrange a new permit I advised them of my last one (less than 12 months) and gave them the permit number and valid dates.
Fantastic news! Thanks!
Old 3 Nov 18, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
chapea
Getting Excited

I also had a permit in June this year. Rang again 2 weeks ago as went last week and I didn’t have to pay again.

They didn’t ask for old number so presume they can check from email address.

As other poster 5 mins after sending the new form and copies of passport and blue badge again had an email saying it was done. This was on a Monday and received on the Friday.
chapea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsGrumpy
Apprentice Imagineer

I hate to raise the issue of temporary parking permits again but when I went online to make an appointment at our local St Pete DMV to obtain one (we are going for nearly 3 months so easier than applying by post!) I found this on the FL gov website (flhsmv.gov/motor-vehicle...a-visitors/):-
Florida recognizes license plates and parking permits displaying the international symbol of accessibility that has been issued by any state or foreign country. However, if the permit or plate does not display one of the international symbols of accessibility, visitors must obtain a state of Florida temporary disabled person parking permit. The temporary parking permit fee is $15.
Have they changed the rules? Obviously our blue badges display the international symbol of accessibility!
MrsGrumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
SunbreezeFL
Imagineer

Just paid for my permit with Orange County for the first time - so efficient and helpful, only emailed yesterday and it’s being put in the mail today. Mrsgrumpy I had read that statement somewhere too just figured I’d rather pay the $17 than worry about the risk a fine.
SunbreezeFL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List