Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Sep 16, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Christine_mufc
Trying for More Ears

Great photos!

I've done Discovery Cove 3 times now and absolutely love it!
Christine_mufc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

Took it to the Trainer for the day level last visit... that was something else busy day but amazing experience esp the swim with 2 dolphins and the shark hands on time.
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DISNEYALI View Post
Took it to the Trainer for the day level last visit... that was something else busy day but amazing experience esp the swim with 2 dolphins and the shark hands on time.
Oh, I'd love to hear more about that!
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lesley_Perschky
Imagineer

Lesley_Perschky's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Swam with CJ in the Seahorse pool, loved it. Done the swim twice now, but would not do it again. Not enough time with the dolphins and my photos were lousy.

DH John meeting Alice at the Grand Floridian Character Brekfast 2007.
Lesley_Perschky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Forkbeard View Post
Oh, I'd love to hear more about that!
Ask away happy to answer any questions.
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

We didn't find the dolphin swim that special to be honest. Probably great for young kids though. It's too much briefing and standing in the water, and not much actual swimming with dolphins for my liking

SeaVenture is cheaper and in my opinion much more interesting. I've done that twice though and won't do it again for a while.

We will always go to Discovery Cove every time we visit, and not because of the amazing 14 days at the other parks deal. DC is, as everyone says, such a relaxing day, and a great break from the hectic days we spend at the other parks.

We've booked our 2017 DC slot before we've even booked the flights

I didn't realise the ultimate gives free parking at those parks (thanks cornishfrogboy for the tip). Has it always been that way?!? I was last there in 2014 and I cannot remember.
Totally agree with you regarding dolphin swim. Was fine/enough for kids age 10 and 6 but we swam with dolphins in Mexico years ago and it was so much better - 2 dolphins doing dorsal fin pull, 2 dolphins nose pushing you along by your feet and other games eg them jumping over bars we were holding. Discovery Cove was a lovely relaxing day but the dolphin swim was disappointing. The photographers also didn't position themselves well so we have other people in the background of our pictures.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
The photographers also didn't position themselves well so we have other people in the background of our pictures.
We had that too. Really annoying.

Many of the shots were of the backs of two other guests.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamcatcher
slightly serious Dibber

We didn't find the dolphin swim that special to be honest. Probably great for young kids though. It's too much briefing and standing in the water, and not much actual swimming with dolphins for my liking

SeaVenture is cheaper and in my opinion much more interesting. I've done that twice though and won't do it again for a while.

We will always go to Discovery Cove every time we visit, and not because of the amazing 14 days at the other parks deal. DC is, as everyone says, such a relaxing day, and a great break from the hectic days we spend at the other parks.

We've booked our 2017 DC slot before we've even booked the flights

I didn't realise the ultimate gives free parking at those parks (thanks cornishfrogboy for the tip). Has it always been that way?!? I was last there in 2014 and I cannot remember.
We have booked just one Ultimate ticket on the non swim ticket which is cheaper .

You only need one ultimate ticket to get the parking for the 14 days so as my OH is not doing the swim and is also the driver we booked his ticket as the Ultimate which worked out slightly cheaper than booking a swim Ultimate one.

We will visit SeaWorld at least twice as love it and hopefully Aquatica so will save on the parking xx
dreamcatcher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
We have booked just one Ultimate ticket on the non swim ticket which is cheaper .

You only need one ultimate ticket to get the parking for the 14 days so as my OH is not doing the swim and is also the driver we booked his ticket as the Ultimate which worked out slightly cheaper than booking a swim Ultimate one.

We will visit SeaWorld at least twice as love it and hopefully Aquatica so will save on the parking xx
That's good to know. Thank you.

We will need all ultimates (non-swim), as we all intend to visit Busch Gardens as well. To be honest I hadn't even realised that you get Sea World and Aquatica with the standard ticket.
Old 12 Sep 16, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
gerryc
Imagineer

gerryc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We have never been to DC before, would maybe like to go next year but not do the dolphin swim, what tickets would I have to buy that you get the free parking for the other parks as we will be doing Busch, Seaworld etc?

1995 Kissimmee, 1997 & 2000 international drive
2008 Calabay Park,2011,2014,2016,2017 Lake Buena vista. 2018 DLP, Las Vegas
gerryc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List