Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 31 Mar 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

Edinburgh hotel with family suite

Any recommendations for a nice hotel in Edinburgh that has larger family rooms or suites?
MrsBrown is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 21, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBrown View Post
Any recommendations for a nice hotel in Edinburgh that has larger family rooms or suites?
I’m staying in a Harry Potter themed apartment- I can’t wait. It seems roomy - I obviously can’t recommend as we haven’t been
Old 31 Mar 21, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
I’m staying in a Harry Potter themed apartment- I can’t wait. It seems roomy - I obviously can’t recommend as we haven’t been
Oh what’s the apartment called? I should have said want it walking distance to everything we are currently prohibited to do, restaurants, bars, shops, people..
MrsBrown is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 21, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Oh what’s the apartment called? I should have said want it walking distance to everything we are currently prohibited to do, restaurants, bars, shops, people..
If you google Harry Potter themed apartment canongate you will find the website. I booked direct. Looks cool and in the centre
Old 11 Apr 21, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
If you google Harry Potter themed apartment canongate you will find the website. I booked direct. Looks cool and in the centre
How many people have you booked this for?

We’ve been trying to book - the description says it includes a master bedroom with king size four poster, second double room, double sofa bed in the living room, kitchen and bathroom, but all the booking sites say it only sleeps 2 and even the direct site will only let us book for 2 people.

I can’t figure it out, so we’ve booked it direct anyway (with free cancellation) and are trying to contact the owner to find out if it will actually sleep the 4 of us. I really hope we don’t have to cancel 🤞
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025

Edited at 10:50 PM.
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 21, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

The Adagio Aparthotel on the Royal Mile is well placed for everything you want to do.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 21, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by RM2016 View Post
The Adagio Aparthotel on the Royal Mile is well placed for everything you want to do.
Thank you, have you stayed there? Always comes up in my search and it’s reasonably priced but something puts me off booking.
Old 31 Mar 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
Mobile

Thank you, have you stayed there? Always comes up in my search and it’s reasonably priced but something puts me off booking.
No I haven’t, i stay in Edinburgh though so any questions please ask. Some of my relatives have, when here for a wedding and had a great stay.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 21, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by RM2016 View Post
No I haven’t, i stay in Edinburgh though so any questions please ask. Some of my relatives have, when here for a wedding and had a great stay.
Thank you, have stayed in Edinburgh often, but I’m looking to book a backup plan to our florida holiday at beginning of October, so don’t want the usual premier inn . Ideally would like 3 sleeping surfaces, which I think those apartments might have. I have stayed previously in Hollywood aparthotel but it was getting tired when we stayed last time, I think these apartments are close by? And maybe even the Harry Potter apartment (I did a quick google).
It’s hard booking somewhere when we have no idea if we will be allowed to stay.
Old 31 Mar 21, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
Mobile

Thank you, have stayed in Edinburgh often, but I’m looking to book a backup plan to our florida holiday at beginning of October, so don’t want the usual premier inn . Ideally would like 3 sleeping surfaces, which I think those apartments might have. I have stayed previously in Hollywood aparthotel but it was getting tired when we stayed last time, I think these apartments are close by? And maybe even the Harry Potter apartment (I did a quick google).
It’s hard booking somewhere when we have no idea if we will be allowed to stay.
Yes they are close by, next to the Museum of Childhood. There is quite a few Harry Potter themed apartments in town and in the Royal Mile you are just round the corner from the Elephant House Cafe.