Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 10 May 18, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Loving all the cocktails! ❤️🍸
Shame things didn’t go to plan but it looks like you had a lovely evening anyway!
H_C-2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 18, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for the Sephora tip! Will do that (even though it's not my birthday when we go boo).

I think the not wanting to share a table is an American thing. I'm a member of a cruise forum and there was once a big long debate on there about sharing tables in the buffet, and most Americans reacted with horror at the idea. They said it just isn't the done thing at all to ask to share a table. Sounds so weird to us, as you know in the UK nobody would ever say no unless they were saving the seats for someone!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Aww I'm so pleased Trader Sam's rescued the night! I cannot believe those mean people wouldn't let you sit with them! How flippin' rude! I'd have had the mother of all holiday tantrums so you're not along!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 18, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Another great day, lipstick looks amazing on you. The drinks at Trader Sams looked fantastic.
Ps what other places do you sign up to for birthday gifts / vouchers x
Aw thank you, everything is better when it's free!

I signed up to the following mailing lists and got some great welcome offers and birthday coupons:

Sweet Tomatoes - free birthday meal and whoever else is dining with you gets 20% off, then another 25% voucher for joining the mailing list
Perkins - free breakfast
Tony Roma's - free birthday meal
Journeys (a chain of shoe stores that sells Converse that we always buy something from) - $5 off for joining the mailing list

I also signed up to Red Lobster and Millers too but I can't remember what they sent and we didn't go there anyway. Usually the expiry dates are about 2 weeks after you sign up so don't do it too early. If you have a feeling you might visit somewhere on your trip it's always worth joining their mailing lists, although they don't half spam you afterwards!

They usually ask for a US Zip code so I just use the Beach Club one and just remember - your birthday is whenever you want it to be when you're in Florida

Edited at 09:20 PM.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Thanks for the Sephora tip! Will do that (even though it's not my birthday when we go boo).

I think the not wanting to share a table is an American thing. I'm a member of a cruise forum and there was once a big long debate on there about sharing tables in the buffet, and most Americans reacted with horror at the idea. They said it just isn't the done thing at all to ask to share a table. Sounds so weird to us, as you know in the UK nobody would ever say no unless they were saving the seats for someone!
Yeah fair enough. I'd understand it if it was a restaurant or something, that would be really weird. But just in a bar where you weren't eating seems a bit unreasonable. And to be honest it was the WAY they said no rather than the refusal itself if you get me? I was probably being over sensitive but it was really rude and made me feel stupid so it upset me!

Throughout the trip we shared tables in bars with other people quite a lot, including Trader Sams and the Nomad Lounge and even though we aren't particularly sociable people on holiday they were some of my favourite memories of the trip because the people were so warm and funny.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 18, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Aww I'm so pleased Trader Sam's rescued the night! I cannot believe those mean people wouldn't let you sit with them! How flippin' rude! I'd have had the mother of all holiday tantrums so you're not along!
Oh phew, I feel a bit better now
Old 10 May 18, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’d have had a strop as well. What difference did it really make to them if you shared a table ? Just rude !
Anyway that cocktail looked huge at trader sams lol. The food looked pretty spot on as well. I always like the lol of mickey check meals but never have one lol . The are just about rght portion wise for lunches .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 18, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

More lovely cocktails.
I’m fond of a holiday strop too, it’s indulging my inner child too much at Disney. 😂
Old 10 May 18, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Melissaur
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by LadyDebs86 View Post
This really upset me and I have to admit to a HOLIDAY TANTRUM at this point.

We all know about the holiday tantrum. Where your long held plans don't work out, on top of being tired, still a bit jetlagged, and a little bit drunk. We also hadn't eaten anything since lunchtime which made things worse. Chris was really good about it but I was a right brat and stomped all the way back to the monorail it feels so stupid now but at the time it felt like the end of the world.
Totally get the Holiday Tantrum! I had one at Epcot on our Disneymoon! Had an ADR booked at Via Napoli and we were going to be late due to Spaceship Earth breaking down (I HATE being late), then my shoes broke and I got told off by the Disney Police for walking barefoot, I sent my husband off running as I shuffled along in broken shoes only for Via Napoli to make me feel ridiculously awful for asking what food they did without cheese! I just wanted to get drunk then but Jelly Rolls wouldn't accept our proof of age! We went straight back to the resort and I went to bed! I was a disaster!

Loving the food report! Got a massive list of cocktails to try next year!

Walt Disney World - 2001, 2003, 2005, 2012 & 2015

Next trip planning has begun for Disneyland Paris 2024
Melissaur is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 18, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
We love the wave at the contemporary too. Such a shame that when you finally found a seat in the top of the world lounge the mean people wouldn't let you sit with them.

I'm loving all your updates some fab drinks I want to add to my list, not sure how I'm going to fit them all in, but I'll give a good try!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List