Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10 Jun 21, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Day 3

I woke to the sounds of a tap dancing dog - this means he really needs the bathroom. I jumped up, got his lead and collar but couldn’t find the door key. Milo’s dancing was getting quicker and he was starting to ‘talk’, so I woke Adam to help me find the key. We were trying to be quiet and not wake Cooper or any of the other guests but were starting to get cross, with plenty of silent shouty eyes being thrown across the room. Adam eventually found them - still stuck in the outside of the door. It would appear that I had opened the door the previous evening and both the boys had walked in behind me and not noticed the keys in the door. Obviously we are complete travel professionals thankfully Milo made it with seconds to spare!

We headed off to breakfast, minus DS who said he was soooo tired he was unable to walk the two flights of stairs to the dining room.

DH and I both ordered the yoghurt parfait, it was sooo good. Super sharp Greek yoghurt, lovely raspberries and sweet crunchy granola swirled in. We were obviously in full holiday mode as we then ordered a full breakfast each!

We took some Nutella toast and a croissant back for DS to have in the room before we checked out. Check out was super simple, you just leave your key in a basket at Reception (not the door to your room )

We had one last trip to the beach before deciding to go home via the coast road.

We had the most amazing time at Bamburgh and I was already looking for availability for us to return (sadly I am having trouble finding any free dates during the summer holidays ) We packed everything and everyone into the car for the journey home.

Pics from the car!

Everything was just so lush and green and we saw several fields where they had cows and sheep in the same paddock (I have never seen this before!) We drove through Seahouses, Beadnell and several other villages/towns before stopping at a little spot where people were walking their dogs down a track to a cove with a lovely beach. I have no idea where we were, however if you recognise is please pop your answer on a postcard this area was stunning and the cows grazing on the land looked like they were living their best life!

Milo had a great time playing in the rock pools, I even took my shoes off and had a paddle, it was much warmer than the Bamburgh Beach water.

Had a quick stop outside Warkworth Castle (I think?) for a quick pic, again if we can get back to Northumberland then I would love to explore here further.

The sat nav took us a different way back through Newcastle, we ended up on a toll road and went through a tunnel, the traffic was hectic through this area but as it was the last weekend of the half term break it is probably not surprising. The rest of journey was uneventful thankfully and we decided that we would drop DS and Milo home and go and pick up dinner as I didn’t fancy cooking - I was still on holiday There is an amazing Italian Restaurant at a village near to us called Lorenzo’s at Barmby. They make the best pizza that I have eaten outside of Italy (we have eaten a lot of Italian pizza ) They have a brilliant outdoor area, which has a great atmosphere and the sun was shining 🤩 life was good! Drinks were ordered and got a pizza each - I had the pollo and pancetta and DH had the polpette. They are thin and crispy and super flavourful and not at all greasy. We were absolutely living our best life and really enjoyed talking about our Northumberland adventure and where would we would like to go next.

We also orders a margarita pizza to take home to DS. We got home and DS was playing x-box with his friends (after being deprived of it for a few days ) and Milo was flat out on the sofa. I think we may have worn him out with all the fun and excitement!

Thanks for reading along on our Northumberland adventure- it truly is a beautiful part of the world and we are lucky to have it on our doorstep.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List