Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Jun 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Never had curtains in my current house .
Have perfect fit blinds everywhere .
Also have a Roman blind in living room and blackout on bedrooms.
Old 19 Jun 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
Never had curtains in my current house .
Have perfect fit blinds everywhere .
Also have a Roman blind in living room and blackout on bedrooms.
I keep looking at perfect fit blinds but not sure how they work. Do they go up and down or are they down and just opened by turning them please?
Old 19 Jun 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Blinds on every window here, I personally don’t like curtains, as SM posted, try Perfectfit blinds for French doors👍
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Our home is decorated fairly so we have "zebra" blinds in most rooms. The only curtains we have is in our bedroom where we have a blackout roller blind as well.
We just don't like curtains. They block light and to us look too old fashioned.
The only reason we have curtains in our bedroom is that they were pretty new in our previous house and cost a fortune so didn't want to throw them out.

Edited at 01:55 PM.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
I think I’m finding the doors in the kitchen the hardest to dress. They go out, like in the photos below, and I don’t know if I want blinds in case they detract from it, or if just curtains would be better. We have just blinds on our current patio doors but they’re not the same shape.

I’ve also arranged for the tv to be on the wall with the pictures on, which would mean the sofa facing the other direction, and I’m not sure if that’s the right choice either...

We had blinds that fit into the frame on our patio doors , nice and easy they can be pulled up to let full light through then pulled back down of an evening.
Mine have just about come to the end of their life , we had them fitted when our extension was built 5 years ago . I’m happy with that as when the doors are opened/shut constantly they do take a lot of stick
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Just white wooden slat blinds throughout the whole house.
No curtains.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
I think I’m finding the doors in the kitchen the hardest to dress. They go out, like in the photos below, and I don’t know if I want blinds in case they detract from it, or if just curtains would be better. We have just blinds on our current patio doors but they’re not the same shape.

I’ve also arranged for the tv to be on the wall with the pictures on, which would mean the sofa facing the other direction, and I’m not sure if that’s the right choice either...

What about perfect fit blinds for the doors? I’m having the same decisions. If anyone wants to help with pictures that would be very helpful
Old 19 Jun 21, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We have blinds in every room but also have floor length curtains in the lounge and the back TV room and floor length voile panels in the master bedroom. Some rooms look ‘finished’ with curtains, although I never draw them.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Just blinds in our house. We have a huge floor to ceiling window that covers all of one wall and about 6 foot of another wall. We have recently installed Venetian blinds at this window, when they are fully up they take up very little room which is great because I didn’t want anything blocking the view. This window was not suitable for curtains and I was confused as to what to do but the installation people gave great advice.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Grey wooden Venetian slat blinds throughout, no curtains, nothing in bathroom/en suite/ cloakroom (well frosted glass).
Perfect fit grey metal blinds on patio doors. We just open/ shut them, we never lift them, although you can. Really dislike curtains, prefer an uncluttered look. House is so well insulated that they’re not needed to make the house feel cosy.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List