Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jul 21, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sassysar View Post
Sorry I could probably google this ,but are you allowed into the US for work reasons ?
We have been asked to go , we have said no as it’s not worth the stress of tests , rule changes and could be done online anyway .
I suspect that is the case, and the way they’ve got around the rules - but I personally think in the midst of a global pandemic there should be an element of ‘how necessary’ the work is. For professional footballers/ Olympic athletes etc I think that the Euros and Tokyo can be seen in that way, I’m not sure half a Florida Cup is essential in these Covid times. 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

A whole plane for one football team ?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Puts on tin hat!

Is it wrong because it’s Orlando? just that football teams travel all over and I’ve never seen anyone get upset about it on here before?
Its not Orlando its the reason why. They are travelling abroad for no real reason. Its not a real competition and even then most of the clubs have pulled out.

They can't be travelling for the heat to train in. Its just completely unnessary. They would do far better to play friendlies here in the UK against much lower opposition and get them some income. The lower league clubs have been suffering far more than the big boys rather than travel 4000 miles as a money earner.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
Its not Orlando its the reason why. They are travelling abroad for no real reason. Its not a real competition and even then most of the clubs have pulled out.

They can't be travelling for the heat to train in. Its just completely unnessary. They would do far better to play friendlies here in the UK against much lower opposition and get them some income. The lower league clubs have been suffering far more than the big boys rather than travel 4000 miles as a money earner.
in a nutshell this is the sole reason

not sure why anyone is surprised ?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

This always happens with any sport or celeb etc at anytime . Remember my son when he was in the RAF going to work in Las Vegas. It was a hard task being put up in a hotel and watching Britney Spears (this was a while ago ).
I still have the gorgeous bag and purse he bought me and his sisters still have their watch he treated them to.
What made me laugh was he was being paid and then got extra for being out of the country !
I want know did they fly out of Manchester’s new terminal 2 ?
It looks stunning I must say .
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I hadn’t even noticed that it was Orlando.
It's literally in the title of the thread. And in the first line of the original post. And in the second line as well.

BTW, it's not our government that's stopping us from going to Orlando. There's nothing in the current UK rules preventing us from having a holiday in Orlando. It's the US government that's stopping us.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
Its not Orlando its the reason why. They are travelling abroad for no real reason.
But lots of people are now travelling abroad for no real reason. There's nothing stopping anyone from going abroad for a holiday or just because they fancy a jolly - at least not to green or amber countries anyway.

So, if the rest of us can go abroad for no real reason, why can't they?

This is their job. They get paid for kicking a ball around (whether you agree they should or not is another thing. And I certainly don't agree with the amount they are paid). People have been allowed to travel abroad as part of their job all the time through this pandemic. So I don't see why they can't.

So, can I assume that folk are also against all these athletes heading to Tokyo for the Olympics?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
But lots of people are now travelling abroad for no real reason. There's nothing stopping anyone from going abroad for a holiday or just because they fancy a jolly - at least not to green or amber countries anyway.

This is their job. They get paid for kicking a ball around (whether you agree they should or not is another thing. And I certainly don't agree with the amount they are paid). People have been allowed to travel abroad as part of their job all the time through this pandemic. So I don't see why they can't.

So, can I assume that folk are also against all these athletes heading to Tokyo for the Olympics?
exactly this

harrison ford & tom cruise are currently in the UK working?

Everton have gone out there to play for tv money... they are a business
Old 22 Jul 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
I suspect that is the case, and the way they’ve got around the rules - but I personally think in the midst of a global pandemic there should be an element of ‘how necessary’ the work is. For professional footballers/ Olympic athletes etc I think that the Euros and Tokyo can be seen in that way, I’m not sure half a Florida Cup is essential in these Covid times. 👍
I would therefore assume people would be against going on holiday during a pandemic as well? That's certainly not necessary. Or, at least, no more necessary than this.

And yet people seem eager to go on their unnecessary, non-essential holidays.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 22 Jul 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post

There is a world of difference between the Olympics and a made up football tournament which next to no-one else is attending. Just the same as if they have to travel in Europe as part of Europeon football I have no issues at all. However this just gives football a bad name. You clearly disagree. I can live with that.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List