Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jul 21, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

I’ve spent last night researching the Bahamas. Read the Bahamas government travel pages in their entirety for all the testing/rules/restrictions. Battleface for insurance.

Relayed it all to my parents today and now they want to come too 😂 They are booked to go to Dubai in September for my dads 70th but it’s not going to happen, so they want to join us.

I haven’t had the guts to book I yet and I may wait until after 5th August before I do (next travel review) but there is some hope of a holiday for now! I looked into flying from Nassau to Orlando and it’s only £140 but the travel insurance increases and I’ll need Disney tickets for everyone so there’s a decent cost involved plus the case rates in the US are jumping up, especially in Florida.
Dazed is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sbchannel View Post
Oh I would definitely change it before we departed for Jamaica. I haven't called BA yet... I know there is availability, but I haven't actually called them to change the flights.

Dammit on the Atlanta flights being cancelled. The plan might actually fall apart then. What website can you see where they are cancelling up to and when? I tried to find it on BA but I just couldn't

**Edit - if BA cancel the inbound flight, won't they have to rebook me reward seats onto another flight, so maybe they could book me onto Atlanta to NYC or something then onward home?
I just use the BA website and also keep checking the cancellation thread to try to keep track.

You need to ask BA about your inbound flight and if it is cancelled what they would be willing to do.

Edited at 05:05 PM.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
kaiser7
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
I’ve spent last night researching the Bahamas. Read the Bahamas government travel pages in their entirety for all the testing/rules/restrictions. Battleface for insurance.

Relayed it all to my parents today and now they want to come too 😂 They are booked to go to Dubai in September for my dads 70th but it’s not going to happen, so they want to join us.

I haven’t had the guts to book I yet and I may wait until after 5th August before I do (next travel review) but there is some hope of a holiday for now! I looked into flying from Nassau to Orlando and it’s only £140 but the travel insurance increases and I’ll need Disney tickets for everyone so there’s a decent cost involved plus the case rates in the US are jumping up, especially in Florida.
Do it! We fly to Nassau on Saturday. If you’re double vaccinated, it’s basically your freedom ticket to the island.
kaiser7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyChris
Proud to wear my Ears

Just thinking, if Canada does open up on 9th September, would that be an easier/cheaper option than Cancun or Bahamas?
DisneyChris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyChris View Post
Just thinking, if Canada does open up on 9th September, would that be an easier/cheaper option than Cancun or Bahamas?
It should definitely be an option yeah. Air travel into the US isn’t banned so it should be another country added to the list of places you can ‘launder’ your travel status 😂
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Now we are in Mexico, I'm so tempted to change my plans and go to Florida. Hotels are still booked so we'd just need to book a flight to Florida and book a Virgin reward flight home from Miami. But I'm worried about testing positive here, and getting insurance while out of the country. And Mexico going red so we'd have to stay longer in US. Would you do it?
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kaiser7 View Post
Do it! We fly to Nassau on Saturday. If you’re double vaccinated, it’s basically your freedom ticket to the island.
Just about to book!

We are all double vaccinated except my 16&17yr olds due to age. They need a PCR test to fly (and LFT in Bahamas on day 5 but that’s free and done at hotel), the rest of us are good to go 👍🏻

Let us know how you get on
Dazed is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by lme30005 View Post
Now we are in Mexico, I'm so tempted to change my plans and go to Florida. Hotels are still booked so we'd just need to book a flight to Florida and book a Virgin reward flight home from Miami. But I'm worried about testing positive here, and getting insurance while out of the country. And Mexico going red so we'd have to stay longer in US. Would you do it?
Think it's more likely Mexico goes red than the US. We'll be in Cancun next Wednesday.

Our antigen tests are booked for Monday 9th August, and flights on the 12th. Having them done at the resort FOC. Not saying they'll fabricate it, but they want everyone, mainly Americans to have a great time, and then get safely back home, so I'm hopeful that'll be smooth sailing.

Our flights are all booked, Turo car booked, so we've got to hope it all goes well.

Insurance is already sorted, US medical insurance that covers Mexico too.

As long as we make it into the US that's it for us... mission accomplished 🙂 I can't see the US ending up going red, so then it'll be just a case of getting down to Miami to get home.
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

I’m really not down with the kids but YOLO
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Hi, have you been made aware of extra measures coming in that require tests to get into hotels and other establishments?

sipse-com.translate.goog/nov...o=ajax,nv,elem

I think I would be tempted to try and go to Florida, but right now second guessing Mexico lol. But being so close, I'd probably be tempted
happytraveller is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List