Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jul 21, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by kaiser7 View Post
Currently in Heathrow waiting for our flight to Nassau. It’s packed, and great to see.

Bit niche this, but worth mentioning - my wife has her vaccination details in her married name, but her passport is in her maiden name. Luckily we brought our marriage certificate which seemed to satisfy BA.
Have a great time 🙂👍
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Currently in Heathrow waiting for our flight to Nassau. It’s packed, and great to see.

Bit niche this, but worth mentioning - my wife has her vaccination details in her married name, but her passport is in her maiden name. Luckily we brought our marriage certificate which seemed to satisfy BA.
Best of luck and have a wonderful time
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Have the best time!
Your wife's passport bought back memories.
Many years ago, ( ok 1969!) we went to Tenerife for our honeymoon. My passport was in my maiden name. We met another honeymoon couple and had a great time together, the chap was a real Jack the lad.
Early one morning the phone in our room woke us, it was reception saying the manager wanted to see us immediately as on checking our passports, he could see we were not married and this was not allowed. We were terrified, very young and not well traveled! My poor new husband got dressed, told me not to worry, and went off to get it sorted . Of course the manager knew nothing about any of this, but our new friends, on the hotel house phone, thought it was hilarious!
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

Glad you made it to LHR and hope you have a great time.If you get the chance could you give me some feedback on flight loads (I know Club and WTP are rammed but interested in how WT filled up). Thanks from SC.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Have a fab time Kaiser! Loving reading of the daring Dibbers forging the path for those of us going in August 😍😍
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
It’s so nice to hear all the positive news about peoples plans coming together. Makes a happy change from the doom and gloom everywhere else.
Due to the new BA sale I’ve changed from reward economy flights to Club world out/PE back - all for under £1k! (That’s Barbados/NY) - can’t wait!😁

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy

DVC Member: BLT, BCV, SSR
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
I spent most of yesterday looking at going to LA via 15 days in Mexico. I've reached the point where I'm just so desperate to see my kids and grandkids I feel I can't take anymore more of this cancelling/rebooking circle of hell. My husband is very uneasy about it though. We're no "spring chickens", he's 78 on Tuesday and I'm 71 so we're more "old boilers"! I almost had him convinced and then read on here that we'd be traveling against FO advice. That ruled out our insurance policy. My DIL suggested the US visitors policies I think another Dibber on this thread has used? Then I thought suppose we test positive in Mexico? I've spent a pretty much sleepless night imagining all sorts of problems. Sorry for this ramble, just don't know what to do.
What about a other bridge country? Barbados? Jamaica? FCDO don’t have a travel advisory so you would be insured
sbchannel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sbchannel View Post
What about a other bridge country? Barbados? Jamaica? FCDO don’t have a travel advisory so you would be insured
Thank you, yes, we're checking them out.
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Wow so glad I popped in on this thread ! So nice to read and feel all of your excitement! Good luck to you all and please please do trip reports I’m so desperate to read some lovely happy positive posts on here ! Have a fantastic time 💗💗💗
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

We have until tomorrow to decide, trying to persuade DH and kids that shopping and Outback will be worth the hassle of changing everything. I need to get flights to Florida, flights home from Miami, insurance, change Gatwick parking, book taxis from Heathrow, book hire car, check estas, change airport transfer here. Worth it for that Florida feeling! Have been working on contingency plans if anyone tests positive.
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List