Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jul 21, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by logic500 View Post
We started yesterday, will finish them today, apart from stuff we need to get ready.

Staying at the Dartford Doubletree tomorrow. We own a Tesla, so there's a bit more planning needed just to get to the airport 🙂 It'll be over 5 weeks in the carpark, so along with all the other considerations, we have to get it charged right up... there's another charger near Gatwick, so hopefully it'll still have enough power to get us there when we get back.

Did my tourist cards weeks ago, will print them today. I've printed the medical questionnaires, and will fill them in later.

We've got different baggage allowances with BA compared to Frontier, so that's taken a bit of thinking 🙂 Inches, pounds, cms, kgs! 🙂

Anyway we're all set... slightly daunted by the 10 hour flight, but just got to enjoy it... because not so long ago I couldn't see us ever getting on a long haul again 🙂

After we check in there's a Telcel shop opposite the hotel, so we'll be buying a couple of SIM cards so we have data on the go...

Will "Dibb" more as and when we get there 🙂

All the best.

Rich
BA gave us the official printed immigration cards on the plane, they weren't sure whether we could use our our print outs as some people needed the official ones. I just filled them in again, just in case and used those. Along with the customs form and health questionnaires that were never looked at!
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

OK, think a change of plan. Regardless of who we insured with, even Battleface, they won't cover us for Covid in Mexico, too old, delightful! So as someone else suggested, we've looked at Barbados. Not ideal with having to hike over to LA, but we're tough!
So the best news is, Barbados isn't on the FO hit list, so we're covered with our M&S travel insurance, yippee skippee! 🤣

Can someone tell me, If we check in to our hotel on 9th August, what's our check out date to fulfil the rules to enter the US?
Thanks
Sue
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

I think you need 15 days to make sure its been over 14 days out of uk,so i'd say 24th?
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by lme30005 View Post
BA gave us the official printed immigration cards on the plane, they weren't sure whether we could use our our print outs as some people needed the official ones. I just filled them in again, just in case and used those. Along with the customs form and health questionnaires that were never looked at!
That's really valuable info, thank you 🙂 I was concerned about the medical questionnaire, only in that I wasn't sure whether it needed doing online after arrival.. so I printed them regardless. We'll do them on the plane too to be on the safe side.

Weather looks scorchio across there 🙂

Edited at 04:20 PM.
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
Well, I’ve been fairly busy today - mostly on the phone to BA! Yesterday I booked flights to the Bahamas 23/8 - 4/9 as it was the best dates I could get with Avios flights.

Fast forward to today and some Avios seats were released for 5th August. Everyone decided they would rather go sooner than later so I was going to book that, until we then worked out that we could squeeze in a bit of time in Disney as we would be going earlier August (kids back to college 6th September). So a few phone calls to my parents, chats with the kids and we are now doing:

BA LHR - NAS ✈️ 5th August
15 nights Atlantis Bahamas
JetBlue NAS - MCO ✈️ 20th August
10 nights Disney 😍
BA MCO - MIA - LHR ✈️ 30th August

So we will be going to Disney after all 💜
I have just done our ESTAs (awaiting authorisation), booked my youngest 2 their PCR tests at the drive through Heathrow Airport as we live locally and they were the cheapest too.

I still have a huge ‘to do’ list including confirming the JetBlue flights, booking LFT and PCR Day 2 return tests, calling DVC to get our Gold APs reactivated for our trip, Disney tickets to buy for the kids, park reservations, DVC rooms to book (I can’t believe I cancelled them all last week 😭 ) plus more! I’m going to wait for the ESTAs to come back and then I’ll get busy with my list.

Can I please ask where in the Bahamas you will be getting your PCR/antigen test before your Jet Blue flight to MCO from NAS.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by logic500 View Post
That's really valuable info, thank you 🙂 I was concerned about the medical questionnaire, only in that I wasn't sure whether it needed doing online after arrival.. so I printed them regardless. We'll do them on the plane too to be on the safe side.

Weather looks scorchio across there 🙂
They gave us copies of all the forms on the plane, that used up about an hour of the flight! It is very hot, hardly any rain so climate is better than Florida. It’s definitely quieter the last few days as lots of Americans have gone home. We are leaving Riviera Maya on Wednesday to go to Cancun for the extra 4n, so a nice change
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by lme30005 View Post
They gave us copies of all the forms on the plane, that used up about an hour of the flight! It is very hot, hardly any rain so climate is better than Florida. It’s definitely quieter the last few days as lots of Americans have gone home. We are leaving Riviera Maya on Wednesday to go to Cancun for the extra 4n, so a nice change
Think we're bringing the rain with us on Wednesday 🙂 Hoping it's thunder and lightning, a torrential storm, then a bit of sun, fingers crossed.

Well enjoy the second half of your Mexican adventure.

We're doing 11 nights in Cancun, then our final 4 nights at Grand Residences Riviera. So a bit of variety like yourselves 🙂

It's all somewhat surreal right now, everything packed... but just doesn't seem real... odd feeling.

Enjoy your day.
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

The US won't be easing travel restrictions any time soon, in another blow to the prospects of trans-Atlantic movement this summer.

"Given where we are today with the delta variant, the United States will maintain existing travel restrictions at this point," a White House official told Reuters on Monday, citing the spread of the delta variant both domestically and abroad.

Another reason to feel like we’re doing the right thing in going now. Who knows when they will open up
Old 26 Jul 21, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
Can I please ask where in the Bahamas you will be getting your PCR/antigen test before your Jet Blue flight to MCO from NAS.
We are staying at the Atlantis so are going to have them done there. They include 2 x antigen tests per room for return to the US, then additional antigen tests are $20. They are done at The Royal main building, open daily 9-5pm (not sure if they include Sunday) and you make an appointment.

If you are staying somewhere else then there is a list of hotels has clinics on the Bahamas government website.

We are taking antigen tests from the UK for our return to the UK but didn’t want to chance taking those for US travel as they may not be US govt approved and didn’t want to chance it.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

We’re doing exactly the same as you Dazed. Taking antigen tests with us to get back into the U.K. - but having our tests for the US done in a resort that has predominantly handled US guests for the last 6 months so know what’s required.
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List