Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jul 21, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
kinny
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by logic500 View Post
We started yesterday, will finish them today, apart from stuff we need to get ready.

Staying at the Dartford Doubletree tomorrow. We own a Tesla, so there's a bit more planning needed just to get to the airport 🙂 It'll be over 5 weeks in the carpark, so along with all the other considerations, we have to get it charged right up... there's another charger near Gatwick, so hopefully it'll still have enough power to get us there when we get back.

Did my tourist cards weeks ago, will print them today. I've printed the medical questionnaires, and will fill them in later.

We've got different baggage allowances with BA compared to Frontier, so that's taken a bit of thinking 🙂 Inches, pounds, cms, kgs! 🙂

Anyway we're all set... slightly daunted by the 10 hour flight, but just got to enjoy it... because not so long ago I couldn't see us ever getting on a long haul again 🙂

After we check in there's a Telcel shop opposite the hotel, so we'll be buying a couple of SIM cards so we have data on the go...

Will "Dibb" more as and when we get there 🙂

All the best.

Rich
Hi

Make sure you turn sentry mode off on your Tesla as drains the battery. If the car park has a charger plug it in and set the charge to 50% thats what I do with mine when away if possible. Also take of the auto temp in the setting so it doesn't kick the ac on

We are doing it abit diffract due to holiday company having are moneys

15 days in Dubai
Direct flight Dubai to MCO (15hrs unfortunately)
2 weeks in Marriott Harbor lake
Then hopefully are Virgin flight is on to come home

Couple question

Anyone know if the US are accepting Astrazeneca jabs?

I know double jabbed dont have to quarantine but my daughter is 11 and cant find if under 18s are exempt

Thanks

Mark
kinny is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kinny View Post
Hi

Make sure you turn sentry mode off on your Tesla as drains the battery. If the car park has a charger plug it in and set the charge to 50% thats what I do with mine when away if possible. Also take of the auto temp in the setting so it doesn't kick the ac on

15 days in Dubai

Couple question

I know double jabbed dont have to quarantine but my daughter is 11 and cant find if under 18s are exempt

Thanks

Mark
We almost took that route at Christmas. We were in Dubai for 14 nights and debated flying into the US from there as we were due to go to Disney in January. I looked up flights whilst we were in Dubai but I naively thought we would get out to the US for our April trip so we came home. We love Dubai and that’s one of the reasons we are going to the Bahamas as they have Atlantis there and it’ll keep my teens amused.

Yes the US accept all WHO recommended vaccines including AstraZeneca - my husband had AZ.

No, your daughter won’t have to quarantine and all rules for the US are ‘advisory’ not mandatory.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 05:21 AM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by kinny View Post
Hi

15 days in Dubai

Couple question

Thanks

Mark
Morning Mark,

Thanks for the Tesla tips, it's an additional layer of worry 🙂 There's a SC close to Gatwick, so going to take it up to 90%. No chargers in the Long Stay North unfortunately. Will do all you said, & hope for the best.

As you've already been advised, the quarantine in Florida is only advisory, so vaccine status is a bit of an irrelevance. Our kids aren't vaccinated.

Good luck with your Dubai/US holiday 🙂

It's 5.21am & I'm wide awake! Just can't sleep... a mixture of excitement & some concerns. Yet this time tomorrow we need to be up, & ready to make it to the airport on time.

All the best.

Richard
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

You’ve done the hard work with the planning, now it’s time to enjoy it! Try not to worry about the elements that are outside of your control, you know the precautions to take to avoid Covid and how to deal with issues like ESTA cancellation if it crops up… easier said than done, I appreciate, and this is coming from someone who will always find something to worry about 😂 but I’m not sure we’ve ever all been in such desperate need of a holiday - so make the most of it… and steer clear of the current virus issues thread! 😂
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Robyn89 View Post
You’ve done the hard work with the planning, now it’s time to enjoy it! Try not to worry about the elements that are outside of your control, you know the precautions to take to avoid Covid and how to deal with issues like ESTA cancellation if it crops up… easier said than done, I appreciate, and this is coming from someone who will always find something to worry about 😂 but I’m not sure we’ve ever all been in such desperate need of a holiday - so make the most of it… and steer clear of the current virus issues thread! 😂
Thanks Robyn 🙂

Just making a coffee, then after breakfast we'll start the long journey down towards Gatwick 🙂

I'm used to tweeting our adventures... but I'll do some DIBB'ing when we get to Cancun 🙂

Despite all the unknowns, I'm strangely confident that'll all work out 🙂

All the best.
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Richard have the very best time, I'm positive it's going to be amazing! Try and keep us posted on your adventures, if you can spare the time from all the fun you're going to be having! 🤣
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

is anyone planning to do trip reports? would love to read them from people who made it to Orlando this year

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
kinny
Earning More Ears

Yes love Dubia also as has the US service but its crazy hot in August so will be going from dry heat to humid hot will be interesting 🥵😎

Thanks alot for the info
kinny is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
kinny
Earning More Ears

Hi

Yes also another layer with the Tesla but worth it such an amazing car

Safe journey and good luck
Old 27 Jul 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
is anyone planning to do trip reports? would love to read them from people who made it to Orlando this year
I will do one, certainly
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List