Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Jul 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
‘First cut is the deepest’ was a Cat Stevens song.. as was Father and Son until the dreadful Ronan destroyed it.

Ronan Keating should be publicly flogged for Criminal Damage to music.
I love the Cat Stevens one - actually listen to that a lot. Ronan definitely needs to go and while you are at it take Bryan McFadden with him
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

My hate is Barbie Girl

Just annoys me 😂

Disney332
Old 28 Jul 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
The Frankie version is my favourite Christmas song
Christmas disco memories?

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
...The likes of all saints ... get my finger on the next station button if they come on in my car.
For some reason. 'girl groups' of the 90s/00s have the same effect on me!

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Jeffrey Daniels did indeed teach MJ the moonwalk (and did it better). However, look at Bob Fosse, the famous Broadway choreographer. Most of MJ’s moves come from him. There are YouTube videos comparing the two.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
The song I hate is ‘video killed the radio star.’
How can you hate such a fantastic song?

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
I hate Come on Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners.
I also hate Come on Eileen.

I think it all goes back to discos in the 80s when I was in my teens and, not being gifted at dancing, I always found it maddeningly difficult to dance to. Especially the bit where it gets faster. Songs played at discos should always keep the same rhythm throughout the song. Grr.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
How can you hate such a fantastic song?

I also hate Come on Eileen.

I think it all goes back to discos in the 80s when I was in my teens and, not being gifted at dancing, I always found it maddeningly difficult to dance to. Especially the bit where it gets faster. Songs played at discos should always keep the same rhythm throughout the song. Grr.
Totally agree.

Video Killed the Radio Star is pure genius by Trevor Horn CBE… a very talented man indeed, but only remembered by most for that one, iconic song.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 11:03 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
There are 3 versions, that I know, of the Power of Love.

Jennifer Rush - one of my worst songs
Huey Lewis - ok
Frankie Goes... - good
Ahem TC ! Are you forgetting which film the huey Lewis version of that song was featured in ? That has to count for something surely ?!
Old 28 Jul 21, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Totally agree.

Video Killed the Radio Star is pure genius by Trevor Horn CBE… a very talented man indeed, but only remembered by most for that one, iconic song.
Cornishfrogboy, I actually think you’re a nice guy and if you were my neighbour we would probably get on well, but I’m confused how you could describe the song as ‘genius.’

Despite our differing opinions, I won’t ever hold it against you (unlike some dibbers who sulk if you don’t agree with everything they say).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Cornishfrogboy, I actually think you’re a nice guy and if you were my neighbour we would probably get on well, but I’m confused how you could describe the song as ‘genius.’

Despite our differing opinions, I won’t ever hold it against you (unlike some dibbers who sulk if you don’t agree with everything they say).
I feel sure that we would share plenty of wine, we’re we neighbours.

The reasons I would describe it as genius are..
1. Everybody, even kids know the song. It has stood the test of time.
2. The production is as always, immaculate.
3. It is truly unique, unlike anything before or since. Many artists simply follow the mainstream.
4. Everyone remembers when it came out and what was happening (MTV). Therefore the message is remembered.
5. It made them millions.. and millions. It continues to do so.

Trevor Horn is a very interesting wiki read. Few realise just how much he has been involved in.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

I can hear the sigh of relief in Cornwall from here
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List